Social Dogs of Peace Maul, Kill Intruder, Lives Are Spared

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Do you guys agree with this? Would you trust these dogs if they were yours after they've tasted human blood? Seems like they were just protecting their owner.

Not sure what the argument is here. I mean they protected their home from intruder. If this is meant to be anti pit bull, this is bad example to use

The pit bull panic, while not completely without merit, is a bit much at times. Some people are so hysterical about pit bulls, they've started to believe that they're as wild and dangerous as grizzly bears.

I hope the dogs get some treats and a nice belly rub.

puppy-bellyrub.gif

Pit bulls scare me and have me on edge, there are some here in the UK despite being illegal. Handsome looking dogs, but too dodgy for my liking. That being said, these two have nothing wrong - live by the sword, die by the sword.

Nanny dogs?

Most the people that I know that have one are garbage, but a lot of shit is like that.

Mustangs, jacked up trucks, kids etc

Do you guys agree with this? Would you trust these dogs if they were yours after they've tasted human blood? Seems like they were just protecting their owner.

I don't know man, that one on the right is giving me the stink eye. I'd at least upgrade their dog food to some high quality wet food. Dry kibble probably tastes like dirt compared to fresh blood.

on a serious note, I wouldn't generally trust any large dog (pit bull, boxer, great dane, mastiff etc) around children. though a professional trained german shepherd is different

Not sure what the argument is here. I mean they protected their home from intruder. If this is meant to be anti pit bull, this is bad example to use
Not meant to be at all. In fact it's the opposite.

I don't know man, that one on the right is giving me the stink eye. I'd at least upgrade their dog food to some high quality wet food. Dry kibble probably tastes like dirt compared to fresh blood.

on a serious note, I wouldn't generally trust any large dog (pit bull, boxer, great dane, mastiff etc) around children. though a professional trained german shepherd is different

My Rottweiler laughs at you.

20210326-124046.jpg

20210509-214501.jpg

A dogs behavior is predicated on a number of variables.

Every breed of dog is predisposed to a set of behaviors. Those behaviors have been bred into their lines generally to meet a specific purpose and to manifest as relatively reliable traits of the breed.

Breeding is important. If the goal is to maintain the look and characteristic of a specific breed then breeding within pure lines is obviously important. However, far to many "backyard breeders" breed their dogs too closely within their particular lines and breed the females far to much resulting in sketchy genetics that eventually get out among other lines and set up issues of recessive problems that manifest more than they should. Hip-Dysplasia prevalence in certain breeds is a sign of this.

Socialization and Training are extremely important, especially with larger breeds and breeds with a predisposition for being protective, aggressive, etc. Its the owners responsibility to teach the canine how to survive in human society and what is acceptable and what is not. Proper socialization with humans of all ages and colors and as many animal varieties as one can and that the canine is likely to come across realistically.

People need to be realistic about their ability to manage breeds that require a lot of exercise, control and responsibility. If you're a couch potato with no spine you probably shouldn't have a breed that is known to require more leadership and attention.

I don’t think any owner would put their dogs down after something like this. That is why they have them. I’m not sure I buy the whole tasted blood theory, but I wouldn’t want to find out either. This is way different than the dogs getting out of the house and mauling a bystander.

And just like that the home intruder's family member starts a GoFundMe hoping to get 25 grand. Cue the innocent looking High School graduation pic instead of current pics of the 21 year old home intruder who had outstanding warrants for his arrest.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/7t32z-alex

I feel for his family but 25K to cover funeral costs? You should be able to have a funeral and cremation for 10-15k at most. Guess it's going to be a decent party.

Back