Dog photoshoot gone wrong.

Oh, damn.

Doubt they'll be friends after she sues her friend's and/or friend's parents.

Draping your body over a dogs body like that is a way to excerpt extreme dominance over the dog.

If you do not know the dog well and know he has been conditioned to that then yes you are in great danger of being bit.

However it is also a very quick way to get the dog to accept you as an Alpha and leader and show you loyalty. Much like breaking in a horse. If you can force that on the dog or put the dog on its back and hold him pinned until he submits he will then be a loyal follower to you after. But know you may get bit doing it or end up in a fight.

Other no, no, unless you are the alpha or know the dog well,

- don't put your face up close to their face while looking in their eyes and create any type of staring contest
- don't touch them while they eat
- don't reach to pet a dog you don't know from over his head and then bringing your hand down on to his head. Always extend your open hand from below and with an open palm. Reach towards the dog 90% of the way and stop, and then let the dog reach the 10% remaining distance and touch your hand with his nose. Then pet, away. If he does not come the last 10% that means he does not want to be touched. He still may not bite but he is not looking to be touched.

Last edited:
Sadly this looks like a case of bad dog and a few people that don't know shit about dogs. People trying to ratinoalize why it's ok for a dog to be dangerous and violent toward humans are crazy.
Lol at rationalizing what could have provoked the dog to do that...put that beast down ASAP...

If not joking you two need to stay away from all dogs.

SMH.

The dog owner is an idiot as there is no way this dog has not shown aggression before. The problem is likely that the owner was/is in denial or does not know how to break the dog of this behavior.

If he can't correct his dog in order to ensure that it does not bite (which he/she obviously has not been doing) then at the very least he should know his dog well enough to not let someone be exposed to the risk.

I have 2 dogs as well as 2 daughters. I'm always correcting the dogs to ensure they know their boundaries, and I have been educating my daughters about how to behave around dogs (other dogs that are not in our family). One of the first things I instilled in them is to never get down (put their face) at the dog's level. Obviously there's more to it than that (ignoring the dogs, letting them come to you and smell you while you respect their space, etc) but that rule alone will prevent most bites.

Last edited:
I love the people who think they should be able to oil check someone elses dog and if the dog isn't fine with it it must be put down..

If not joking you two need to stay away from all dogs.

SMH.

SMH...if a pet does that to someone, it needs to be put down...unless you're one of those weirdos who place a higher value on animal life over human life (which there are plenty like that on Sherdog)...

SMH...if a pet does that to someone, it needs to be put down...unless you're one of those weirdos who place a higher value on animal life over human life (which there are plenty like that on Sherdog)...
No.

Not every dog can be hugged up and groped and you can treat like a stuffed animal.

Great that some dogs are, but you do not put down every dog that is not like that. That would be stupid to dictate that every dog needs to be like a toy.

This is not a dog that is being aggressive. This is a dog reacting to perceived aggression against it.

There are all sorts of dogs you should not handle like that and as long as you don't they are fine in society.

And while I do blame the person for doing that, I don't give them the majority of blame. They are just naive and I see it all the time. Naive people petting dogs they don't know before even asking the owner. Reaching from over the head, etc.

But the main blame goes to the owner. You need to tell people NO, when it comes to stuff like that if you know your dog is not into it.

The dog shouldn't have done that, it was the wrong thing to do...
LMAO. I shouldn't have laughed at those pics but I did. This didn't help.

You're going to hell Slobs

Not to be outdone by

No.

Not every dog can be hugged up and groped and you can treat like a stuffed animal.

Great that some dogs are, but you do not put down every dog that is not like that. That would be stupid to dictate that every dog needs to be like a toy.

This is not a dog that is being aggressive. This is a dog reacting to perceived aggression against it.

There are all sorts of dogs you should not handle like that and as long as you don't they are fine in society.

And while I do blame the person for doing that, I don't give them the majority of blame. They are just naive and I see it all the time. Naive people petting dogs they don't know before even asking the owner. Reaching from over the head, etc.

But the main blame goes to the owner. You need to tell people NO, when it comes to stuff like that if you know your dog is not into it.

A dog is not fine in society as a pet if a kid can't touch it without getting her face ripped apart...

However it is also a very quick way to get the dog to accept you as an Alpha and leader and show you loyalty. Much like breaking in a horse. If you can force that on the dog or put the dog on its back and hold him pinned until he submits he will then be a loyal follower to you after. But know you may get bit doing it or end up in a fight.
Good post, the uninitiated should pay heed to the part I put in bold. Also, don't think that this tactic is for all dogs either, some will require a calmer approach with more subtle forms of domination (proper leash work/ corrections and enforced boundaries) which will work just as well over time.

It's a simple enough situation to grasp.

If a dog cannot be trusted and goes from zero to sixty it needs to be in a cage or dead. That's the deal, dogs are in our world, not the other way around.

Owners are 100% responsible for their dogs actions, if you don't want that responsibility don't have a dog.

My cat however can go full Fedor on your face and it's shit happens.

<{1-12}>

Draping your body over a dogs body like that is a way to excerpt extreme dominance over the dog.

If you do not know the dog well and know he has been conditioned to that then yes you are in great danger of being bit.

Other no, no, unless you are the alpha or know the dog well,

- don't put your face up close to their face while looking in their eyes and create any type of staring contest
- don't touch them while they eat
- don't reach to pet a dog you don't know from over his head and then bringing your hand down on to his head. Always extend your open hand from below and with an open palm. Reach towards the dog 90% of the way and stop, and then let the dog reach the 10% remaining distance and touch your hand with his nose. Then pet, away. If he does not come the last 10% that means he does not want to be touched. He still may not bite but he is not looking to be touched.

Drop that knowledge my dude.

I'm glad for this thread. I yell at my niece every time she comes over to not do that to my dogs, or any dogs for that matter that are not her own. Now I can show her why. You can see in the first pic the dog wasn't down to hug it out.

hmm Doesn’t look like a pitbul, surely it must be one tho.....:

A dog is not fine in society as a pet if a kid can't touch it without getting her face ripped apart...
draping your body over the dogs back in a way that is excerpting dominance =/= can't touch.

So lets stick to the subject.

If you are saying any random person should be able to walk up to any dog and drape themselves over its back like that, we will not agree.

It's a simple enough situation to grasp.

If a dog cannot be trusted and goes from zero to sixty it needs to be in a cage or dead. That's the deal, dogs are in our world, not the other way around.

Owners are 100% responsible for their dogs actions, if you don't want that responsibility don't have a dog.

My cat however can go full Fedor on your face and it's shit happens.

<{1-12}>
Because we live in the cat's world. Amiright?
<45>

draping your body over the dogs back in a way that is excerpting dominance =/= can't touch.

So lets stick to the subject.

If you are saying any random person should be able to walk up to any dog and drape themselves over its back like that, we will not agree.

That is touching, the kid wasn't being aggressive with it...if the dog can't handle that, it shouldn't be someone's pet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back