Dog people please help. What is he mixed with?

Looks like Brittany spaniel/ @Zer mix

Yeah I see some spaniel in there too.

To TS, if you don’t get a pedigree pup then really the mix could be substantial. My cousins reportedly purchased a cavoodle pup, only to find out upon testing he was a mix of 10 different breeds.

My show bred cocka suffers from no such breed ambivalence. View media item 26711

Can someone help, what’s my dog

869DFC86-8749-4970-85D2-5E9259C00304.jpeg

Last edited:
Might be a labrador and springer spaniel mix...maybe not.

They were really common when I was growing up in Ireland. I had a Lab/Irish Setter mix looked similar (but black in color with reddish ears)
3-water.jpg

88363EE2-5D72-4E25-AFDF-CD964799F4BD.jpeg

Dude your dog is beautiful.
You can get his blood tested at any vet for a full breed lineage. Apparently it's accurate and legit for most recognised breeds.
I think it's like 100 bucks. Well worth it, so you can consider breed specific issues.

I’m not at all familiar with beagle or pointer characteristics. At least it isn’t put bull though lol.

Does anyone have any experience with either of them?

Beagles don't shut the fuck up. Incredibly annoying dogs to live next to. Nice dogs otherwise, bit dumb with a strong scent drive so can be harder to train, friendly and easy to win over

You want dog people? All right.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I was really tired but I guess I should’ve mentioned some of the characteristics of him.

The lady said a few times how quiet he was, that he didn’t bark. That he was very docile and great around kids. I think I’m gonna go for it he’s beautiful.

The DNA test is interesting I will probably have that done.

He's gorgeous , whatever he is even if he looks stoned

Hey guys. My wife and I are finally ready for a dog. Actually we’re so overwhelmed by life at the moment and it’s only going to get worse so it’s basically now or never haha.

We decided to adopt because it doesn’t feel right to me to get from a breeder. We wanted a puppy but found this 5 month old “lab mix”. He’s a sweetheart apparently but I’m just curious what he might be mixed with they say they don’t know.

Thanks for your time guys!

Almost certainly a lab/springer spaniel mix. I speak from experience. Expect a high energy but very trainable dog.

Bassett Hound!

It's probably mostly lab and the remaining split between a few different breeds.

It’s crazy the hoops you go through to adopt a pet lol. I understand they have a high turn over rate and they want the dog to go to a good home but I’m about to drop a decent amount of cash for this dog. To be fair though he’s chipped has rabies shot and parvo shot and got fixed a few days ago plus a bunch of stuff that comes with him.

Not complaining I’m glad we decided to adopt and not get from a breeder I was just a little surprised by it.

Attachments

• 28083BB9-2EF1-4D22-8577-0F971BEEA4EE.jpeg
    28083BB9-2EF1-4D22-8577-0F971BEEA4EE.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 8
Dude your dog is beautiful.
You can get his blood tested at any vet for a full breed lineage. Apparently it's accurate and legit for most recognised breeds.
I think it's like 100 bucks. Well worth it, so you can consider breed specific issues.
Thank you! We’re definitely gonna do this eventually. Sounds fun.

Back