Social Dog of Peace Kills 70-year-old Owner in NY

I'm 100% for a dog's license for any breed and particular for potentially dangerous breeds.

If you think though, that a Pitbull (or any other dog really) snaps suddenly and without reason, you don't know your shit.

Punishment, especially physical one and teaching (often with physical punishment) your dog not to growl when there's something he doesn't like (for example getting pet by strangers) is how most people still raise their dogs and it's a "fantastic" recipe to get your dog to snap "for no reason".

I mean it's true to a degree. If you compare the number of pits out there to the number of incidents the stats will tell you they are mostly good dogs ... its the exact same arguments people make about gun control and places feelings and sensationalism above logic and cold hard numbers.
The issue is that even if attacks are not that common, a pit will either kill or mutilate severely.

The issue is that even if attacks are not that common, a pit will either kill or mutilate severely.

Yes

But how many of them go their whole life without killing or mutilation of anyone ?

I'm 100% for a dog's license for any breed and particular for potentially dangerous breeds.

If you think though, that a Pitbull (or any other dog really) snaps suddenly and without reason, you don't know your shit.

Punishment, especially physical one and teaching (often with physical punishment) your dog not to growl when there's something he doesn't like (for example getting pet by strangers) is how most people still raise their dogs and it's a "fantastic" recipe to get your dog to snap "for no reason".
Pits don't snap for no reason. They are just genetically predisposed to attacking other animals. The warning signs are there if you know what to look for.

And yeah, positive reinforcement training is the way to go.

Problem is, most dog owners are lazy as fuck

Pits require, without missing a day, an hour and a half to 2 hours a day of HARD exercise. Terriers are a high energy breed. Not a walk around the block twice a day. I mean running full out, exhausting exercise. Owners who do not commit to making sure they get their their 2 hours a day exercise(Which is most owners) are creating a future problem. These dogs get neurotic when they don't get that exercise.

So yeah, if you work at 9AM to 5pm, you must then put aside 2 hours of that day of your personal time to ensuring the terrier gets its exercise. How many folks do you know who will do that and not just bitch out and say "A walk around the block is enough!"? Every day for the rest of the dog's life you must do that. You can't be too tired, too sick , too busy or just want to take a day off. EVERY DAY its required.

People get dogs and neglect the dog's needs. When it's a Lab these negative reactions are a bother and they tear up furniture, but when it's a power breed those negative reactions can be fatal.
A 20 year old hipster who weighs 90 lbs and can't hold a pit Bull back when it decides to go is a very dangerous thing. Especially since they are usually caught off guard by it. They raise it from the time its a puppy and socialize it somewhat and are convinced they can be trained to never fight other dogs. Or they think because it was submissive as a puppy around other dogs that it means they will be like that forever. Then the dog reaches adolescence and its personality undergoes an overhaul and "catches them by surprise" one day when it attacks another dog without signalling.
And they are usually terrible Pit Bull owners. Honestly an alpha trashy muscle dude can at least control his dog.
Spreading the gospel that a pit is a gentle animal for a lazy family that won't train or exercise it or be responsible owners is nearly just as bad as a ghetto dirtbag owner. If you do that with a Lab, the results are almost always still safe, aside from some destroyed furniture and the occasional puncture wound. With a pit, it is dangerous. To your property and especially to other dogs or cats around it can get to.
But people get these silly assumptions that a "bad owner" means you beat the dog and train it to attack" when they don't realize neglect and laziness make you JUST AS BAD a pit owner.

Pits don't snap for no reason. They are just genetically predisposed to attacking other animals. The warning signs are there if you know what to look for.

And yeah, positive reinforcement training is the way to go.

Problem is, most dog owners are lazy as fuck

Pits require, without missing a day, an hour and a half to 2 hours a day of HARD exercise. Terriers are a high energy breed. Not a walk around the block twice a day. I mean running full out, exhausting exercise. Owners who do not commit to making sure they get their their 2 hours a day exercise(Which is most owners) are creating a future problem. These dogs get neurotic when they don't get that exercise.

So yeah, if you work at 9AM to 5pm, you must then put aside 2 hours of that day of your personal time to ensuring the terrier gets its exercise. How many folks do you know who will do that and not just bitch out and say "A walk around the block is enough!"? Every day for the rest of the dog's life you must do that. You can't be too tired, too sick , too busy or just want to take a day off. EVERY DAY its required.

People get dogs and neglect the dog's needs. When it's a Lab these negative reactions are a bother and they tear up furniture, but when it's a power breed those negative reactions can be fatal.
A 20 year old hipster who weighs 90 lbs and can't hold a pit Bull back when it decides to go is a very dangerous thing. Especially since they are usually caught off guard by it. They raise it from the time its a puppy and socialize it somewhat and are convinced they can be trained to never fight other dogs. Or they think because it was submissive as a puppy around other dogs that it means they will be like that forever. Then the dog reaches adolescence and its personality undergoes an overhaul and "catches them by surprise" one day when it attacks another dog without signalling.
And they are usually terrible Pit Bull owners. Honestly an alpha trashy muscle dude can at least control his dog.
Spreading the gospel that a pit is a gentle animal for a lazy family that won't train or exercise it or be responsible owners is nearly just as bad as a ghetto dirtbag owner. If you do that with a Lab, the results are almost always still safe, aside from some destroyed furniture and the occasional puncture wound. With a pit, it is dangerous. To your property and especially to other dogs or cats around it can get to.
But people get these silly assumptions that a "bad owner" means you beat the dog and train it to attack" when they don't realize neglect and laziness make you JUST AS BAD a pit owner.
I think we agree on most things.
I'm fine if people aren't allowed to own such a breed without some specific license, but with it, i see no problems.

This time it's the old people's fault for all the Pitbull defenders. It could have been a 28 year old man or a 28-year-old woman or kids... geez we have threads like this constantly around here.... the problem is the pit bulls and the human beings who breed them to be that way.

Last edited:
No matter the breed, you can always tell one thing about an asshole dog - it wasn't properly socialized.

There are obviously exceptions to that, but generally any asshole dog I meet was never exposed to anything as a puppy, other than its yard and the inside of its owner's house. A lot of dog owners have absolutely no clue about how important early and continued socialization is.

I had my Rottweiler puppy out on daily walks and trips to parks, beaches, the dog park to meet and play with other dogs, he's even been around horses.

Took this last week at the lake, he even smiles when he is happy.

Screenshot-20220729-222042-Gallery.jpg
Tale of two Rotties:

My sister's: always around kids, my sister spent time training him, read books and did her research. Was walked regularly and stimulated. I kidnapped him regularly to take camping or the dog park. But twice I grabbed that thing by the scruff and pinned him up on a wall when he snapped. Third time I'd have put him down.

His brother: spent most of his time alone and his owner didn't put much effort into him.

My sister's pup ended up being one of the best dogs I've ever met. His brother Ringo got put down after his 3rd attack. With some breeds you must put the work in and socialization is absolutely essential. Love the Rotties.

people need to realize that dogs can be assholes as well, its easy as that.

I find it alway more than baffling when dog-lovers tell you that dogs are ultra empathic, understand most stuff we tell them, are smarter than most people, and so on and so on, but the moment one of those dogs bites somebody the same people say "its never the dogs fault, the dog is a stupid animal, its always the persons fault!"...

We have an 7 year old, 65 lbpit we took on as a puppy because my gfs cousin told us ihe was a lab who needed a home. This was our first dog and we lived in a town home at that time.

He has been a great family dog, raised around kids and never once attacked another human or another animal. He's afraid of rabbits and cats and gives them a wide berth.

We raised him to be as non-aggressive as possible. He's never been hit or mistreated. We've never taught him how to "sic" or used ropes or tug of war toys with him as entertainment. We took him to the dog park at an early age and quickly grabbed him and exited the park if there were aggressive dogs who might teach him how to fight be making him get defensive.

When he was 3 he became more assertive at the park and that was the only time I ever saw him come close to reacting by fighting when a huge Rottweiler entered the park and made a beeline straight for him. Our dog responded by grabbing the Rot by the neck with his paws and throwing him to the ground and pinning him without biting. The Rot owner and I reached them at that point and I scooped him up and apologized as did the Rot owner and we left the park immediately. That was 4 years ago.

Our pit has gotten 2 routines of exercise every day since he was around 3 months. He gets a combination of a run or long morning walk and the same in the evening. We also take him on hikes and other outdoor activities. When out in public we never let him off his heavy duty leash unless its at a dog park. Other off leash dogs have run up on us many times and I immediately pull him to my side while their stupid hipster owners run up and apologize.

He has been my first dog I've raised so I believe bad owners raise bad dogs. I wouldnt take on an adult pitbull because I have no clue on how they were raised.

If you clowns don’t think a Pit can kill a 30 year old in good shape you’re crazy.

These people being old have nothing to do with it.

The breed is shit.
I have some family that has pits and they are all pretty aggressive. They used to laugh when I'd go to my grandma's house and my uncle's pit came towards me growling and shit. But they didn't laugh much when they came out one day to see me about to put a 9mm through it's skull. Fuck aggressive dogs, come at me and get your brains blown out.

Dogs in general suck... Man's best friend? More like Man's S&M Slave... If you don't show the dog you're his master and dominate him, he'll chew your face (and your Children).

Not to mention them being dirty as fuck.

Cats all day. No dominant/subservient dynamics and bullshit, they just wanna eat and sleep.
You will be cancelled soon by dog loving mods

I don't agree that dogs suck....

Also I don't agree that against very aggressive dog CCW is good deterrent....from my opinion it isn't IF you have to carry CCW pistol without chambered load ( cartridge in chamber loaded if this is pistol )...

Pitbull isn't just one from possibly dangerous dogs.
Boxer is nice but until time and then he will show why he is called as boxer for a reason....
Doberman might be even till 110 lbs + and is damm agile...
Rottweiler might be till 130-145 lbs, it is combat dog in it's core...
Great Dane is peaceful but this creature might be 105-170-180 lbs and he / she are very physically powerful dogs...
Mastiffs are really large and really might carry more huge power than pit....
Caucasian is......it in some cases might act as dynamite and it is very powerful dog___

Last edited:
people need to realize that dogs can be assholes as well, its easy as that.

I find it alway more than baffling when dog-lovers tell you that dogs are ultra empathic, understand most stuff we tell them, are smarter than most people, and so on and so on, but the moment one of those dogs bites somebody the same people say "its never the dogs fault, the dog is a stupid animal, its always the persons fault!"...

There also circumstantial factors when dogs bite that may trigger than behavior. I for one do not believe all dogs are evil, aggressive bastards who bite all humans.

Lol so tiny hipster girls have now determined it’s trendy to give pit ownership a whirl?

wonderful

Um where the fuck have you been?

That shit has been a problem.

They do it because they want to get a black dude or at least a non-white dude to fuck them.

Its lame as fuck.

Back