Social Dog of Peace Kills 70-year-old Owner in NY

"he's just a big softie!!"
i cringe whenever i hear pitbull owners talk like that about those monsters.
The absolute worst owners are ones that think they can just spoil their dogs with love and cuddles and don't know how to act the pack leader at all.

Even the stereotypical dirtbag owner usually has more control over their dog

.....They were actually bred to be nanny dogs
.......Labs bite more people
........It's all how you raise them

A buddy of mine had a sister that would parrot all this shit even after her dog killed her parents dog at a BBQ where 3 grown men couldn't get the fucker off her parents cattle dog until it had sustained life ending injuries.
Still blames her parents dog for being the aggressor..........fuck all that. I would never own an animal that intense.
The typical damage from a lab bite is.....minor puncture wound.
Even if labs attacked at 100x the rate they do now, pits would still absolutely demolish them on a damage/death ratio

The typical damage from a pit(if you survive) requires reconstructive surgery due to torn up tendons, muscles

Also, go to any pitbull loving forum on the internet and go to the training and behavior section and ask how to train your newborn pitty so he can be let off leash at family BBQs or the dog park around other dogs.

I guarantee 100% of experienced pit owners at these pit loving forums will call you insane and say you can't.

If you asked how to train it to watch your kids their heads implode. Because those sites are full of experienced owners and they know the media narrative of a gentle pit you can raise on cuddles is horseshit

No matter the breed, you can always tell one thing about an asshole dog - it wasn't properly socialized.

There are obviously exceptions to that, but generally any asshole dog I meet was never exposed to anything as a puppy, other than its yard and the inside of its owner's house. A lot of dog owners have absolutely no clue about how important early and continued socialization is.

I had my Rottweiler puppy out on daily walks and trips to parks, beaches, the dog park to meet and play with other dogs, he's even been around horses.

Took this last week at the lake, he even smiles when he is happy.

Screenshot-20220729-222042-Gallery.jpg

Rottweiler might be dangerous....
I think that bad stuff is when someone is taking dog and kick dog on the street when dog appears too high burden for owner....this is one from reasons...why EU is insisting on chips and papers for dogs....
Sad story in long.

Irresponsible owners violent vs their dogs ( despite from breed known as aggressive or potentially agressive breed or mix ).
You can't take dog, beat dog and except nice behaviour from dog after this....

In my area owners .. died...only 1 had pitbul.
1 had Rot. .1 mastiff...1 boxer... etc....
While in reality they had let their hands go vs their dog....
Last case was with boxer dog and ~ 190 lbs muscular owner with low fat %.
Dog according to neigbours was not aggressive vs them.
After " training session " with beating...owner had been delivered to morgue...Flat located below his flat had cosmetic repair after this...It isn't cool to see blood pieces dropping on your bed cos neighbour died...while " taught " his dog...

One of my earliest childhood memories is getting bit by a German Shepard only for my father to roll in with steel toes and kick the thing to death.

Sherdog, do you think my dad could take on this pitbull and come out as the true alpha?

I wish people would stop breeding these dogs. Shelters are full of them because people cannot handle them and breeders keep turning them out.

I wonder what Sherdog would look like if there had never been pitbulls? The high level conversations we get thanks to them.

I think we should certainly have a Pitbull Attack Mega Thread, as we're seeing these pop up once a month now. LOL, high level discourse indeed.

I wonder why he was dragging her body in the backyard. Was he going to bury her?

One of my earliest childhood memories is getting bit by a German Shepard only for my father to roll in with steel toes and kick the thing to death.

Sherdog, do you think my dad could take on this pitbull and come out as the true alpha?

I wish people would stop breeding these dogs. Shelters are full of them because people cannot handle them and breeders keep turning them out.

The german sheppard probably wanted out after the first few kicks. Pitbulls arent like that, they have a thing in their brain that once it goes off, they wont stop until you get away or youre dead or theyre dead. Thats what makes them crazy. They were bred to fight to the death and turn psychotic. Theyre that guy who is nice to everyone but has recently been subconsciously thinking about killing and eating someone

The german sheppard probably wanted out after the first few kicks. Pitbulls arent like that, they have a thing in their brain that once it goes off, they wont stop until you get away or youre dead or theyre dead. Thats what makes them crazy. They were bred to fight to the death and turn psychotic. Theyre that guy who is nice to everyone but has recently been subconsciously thinking about killing and eating someone
I saw a video of a dude making one release by sticking his finger up it’s ass. I hope someday I am never attacked by one because not only am I going to become a chew toy but I’ll have a shitty finger too.

Pitbulls attract the worst, white trash owners. These losers buy these dogs to make them feel tough or masculine.

Neuter all of them.

I saw a video of a dude making one release by sticking his finger up it’s ass. I hope someday I am never attacked by one because not only am I going to become a chew toy but I’ll have a shitty finger too.

Pitbulls attract the worst, white trash owners. These losers buy these dogs to make them feel tough or masculine.

Neuter all of them.
The new demographic Pitbull owner in the last 7 years(And getting the same amount of aggression problems) is the skinny 90 pound, 20 something year old SJW university girl. Its become the hip trendy thing for Activists to show their tolerance by getting a "misjudged" breed.

Problem is, the stereotypes about Pits are not a misjudgement. Its genetic predisposition.

The typical damage from a lab bite is.....minor puncture wound.
Even if labs attacked at 100x the rate they do now, pits would still absolutely demolish them on a damage/death ratio

The typical damage from a pit(if you survive) requires reconstructive surgery due to torn up tendons, muscles

Also, go to any pitbull loving forum on the internet and go to the training and behavior section and ask how to train your newborn pitty so he can be let off leash at family BBQs or the dog park around other dogs.

I guarantee 100% of experienced pit owners at these pit loving forums will call you insane and say you can't.

If you asked how to train it to watch your kids their heads implode. Because those sites are full of experienced owners and they know the media narrative of a gentle pit you can raise on cuddles is horseshit

The biggest difference is that Terriers in general were bred for gameness. They won't just bite once as a warning like a bird dog or bite to control like a guard dog. They go to the death. Watch the way a little Jack Russell will take on something like a Fox, rodent, or even a house cat their own size. They will bite, shake, and continue to bite until it's dead. Pit bull is basically just a bigger version that can do this to other dogs, or even worse, a grown ass man.

It's pretty common knowledge that you wouldn't let a Jack Russel off leash around a pet rabbit because that instinct is just too strong in many of them to train out. It's the same thing with pits and other dogs. Letting them off leash around other dogs is just a time bomb waiting to go off with so many of them.

And you're right, it's not the experienced owner or even the johnny gangbanger drug dealer types that have the most accidents with these dogs. It's the stupid hipster chick that adopts one and takes it to her parents BBQ having no clue what the thing is capable of. That's exactly how my buddies parent's dog died. 3 grown ass men couldn't pull that 50lb dog off in time to save the other dog.

In before “my pit wouldn’t hurt anyone”.

I mean it's true to a degree. If you compare the number of pits out there to the number of incidents the stats will tell you they are mostly good dogs ... its the exact same arguments people make about gun control and places feelings and sensationalism above logic and cold hard numbers.

Dogs in general suck... Man's best friend? More like Man's S&M Slave... If you don't show the dog you're his master and dominate him, he'll chew your face (and your Children).

Not to mention them being dirty as fuck.

Cats all day. No dominant/subservient dynamics and bullshit, they just wanna eat and sleep.
I like cats and dogs. House trained rabbits too.

one of my aunts had to go through over 19 surgeries on her face after her friends pitbull attacked her completely unprovoked and at random. she's still scarred and disfigured, and she will be for life.

it was a good dog. friendly. loves people. until it decided to go full pitbull.

And you can leave for an extended period of time without it going bananas and destroying all your shit in a fit of separation anxiety. They are just like, “What’s up? Got any food and love for me?”, when you get back.

used to have a german shepard that would do that. coudnt leave him alone. he would chew up all the furniture.

I mean it's true to a degree. If you compare the number of pits out there to the number of incidents the stats will tell you they are mostly good dogs ... its the exact same arguments people make about gun control and places feelings and sensationalism above logic and cold hard numbers.
If my gun could have it's own personality, and have bad days where it might snap and go off on innocent neighbors , pets and children, I'd prioritize getting one I have more control over less likely to do that kind of damage. This is the difference between a 38 and a bazooka.

Same reason a retriever can attack and you usually deal with minor puncture wounds vs a pit attack being predominantly reconstructive surgery, torn ligaments or death

Same reason why all pit experts and long time owners will tell you not to leave it alone with your other pets or kids. "Crate and rotate" is a common phrase among experienced pit owners because so many folks come to the pit forums asking for guidance on how to train them to be safely able to be left around other pets. The answer is "you can't. Its a coin flip chance you will come home to a dead cat no matter how well trained the pit is"

Allowing any potentially dangerous dog breed to be freely owned in the US is about as sensible as their gun laws.

Dogs in general suck... Man's best friend? More like Man's S&M Slave... If you don't show the dog you're his master and dominate him, he'll chew your face
<{yahyou}>
This is EXACTLY how to raise a dog if you WANT him to "suddenly" snap and chew your face off.
<36>
Unbelievable.

If my gun could have it's own personality, and have bad days where it might snap and go off on innocent neighbors , pets and children, I'd prioritize getting one I have more control over less likely to do that kind of damage. This is the difference between a 38 and a bazooka.

Same reason a retriever can attack and you usually deal with minor puncture wounds vs a pit attack being predominantly reconstructive surgery, torn ligaments or death

Same reason why all pit experts and long time owners will tell you not to leave it alone with your other pets or kids. "Crate and rotate" is a common phrase among experienced pit owners because so many folks come to the pit forums asking for guidance on how to train them to be safely able to be left around other pets. The answer is "you can't. Its a coin flip chance you will come home to a dead cat no matter how well trained the pit is"
The gun comparison is so bizarre to me. Not a single time has my gun ever moved without someone else moving it. If it could go off and jump my backyard fence, and shoot a random passerby, then it would be time to get rid of it.

Back