1. Guest, The MS Paint Shoop Thread v5 is up! Red Block» | Blue Block»

Doesnt losing to Cejudo actually prove MM haters wrong?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by revoltub, Aug 5, 2018.

1. revoltub Gold Card

He was criticized for fighting in a weak division against guys he was guaranteed to beat and not moving up to challenge himself.

Now that he lost does it prove that he was fighting in a strong division and does that make his run look more impressive?

2. TomTomNT Brown Belt

nice try but.....NO

Just provides further evidence that him moving up he would get smashed by TJ or any of the top 3 guys in that division and that he was babied by one of the weakest divisions in the history of the UFC.

3. Headkicktoleg Titanium Belt

He was bound to lose, he should have fought TJ and lost like a man, not a mouse

4. Felsh twitch.tv/uberflesh

Im actually not a hater now after he lost... I was just sick of the UFC and Joe Rogan and every other guy trying to tell me Mighty Mouse was greater than Anderson, Fedor, Jones and GSP, all based on him winning 11 fights against guys on 2 fights winning streaks half the time.

dont want to discredit him in any way. Joseph Benavidez was an animal at one point and DJ beat him twice. I just think we need to look at the context sometimes before you blindly bandwaggon on the number of defenses Dj had

5. orca P4P #1 Machida fan

Lmfao at the strong division. What a joke.

6. 98bird Brown Belt

I want to see Cejudo get completely destroyed by TJ, to further prove that MM is not that good.

7. 98bird Brown Belt

I want to see Cejudo get completely destroyed by TJ, to further prove that MM is not that good.

8. Fahcough Silver Belt

Just proves he's a boring point fighter scared to take risk unless he had a huge safety net. He got out pointed.

9. MMAProfessional Golden Belt

It proves Cejudo wasn't ready in the first fight. The division is still weak and there were no matchups left if he beat Cejudo. The Pettis option is laughable.

10. 20falarVerdades Silver Belt

It reinforces the thought that TJ would soundly beat DJ, and that the latter ducked the former

11. The Natural Born Runner Banned Banned

He is in a weak division, end of.

Henry Cejudo would get eaten alive by most 135lb fighters.

12. ultramanhyata Reclimbing Like Mountain

It just shows that Demetrious (an 11 year MMA veteran) could beat a natural athlete who had been training MMA for 3 years. But couldn't beat one who had been training MMA for 5 years.

13. Barteh Brown Belt

Most MM haters (like me at least) just don't enjoy the manlet division at all.

How does him losing against another manlet I don't care about change anything? I still don't care.

14. Mmmmmmma1234 Black Belt

Proves Henry has developed into a good fighter. The rest of the division is still trash, even Benavidez looks terrible (vs Pettis) these days, so 125 has TWO elite fighters same as always. It's proff enough that Henry wants to face TJ next, not a "125 talent"
    Either way Henry not the p4p best in the world and dj never should have been either.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  15. mmacrisis Purple Belt

DJ haters are like any other anti-fan, doesn't matter they will always find a reason not to like that Athlete. DJ is amazing, and if they rematch and he wins then what will they say?