Doesn't Joe Rogan have the best job ever?

I mean, dude gets paid to watch every UFC event from the front row. And he gets a podcast which is basically just shooting the shit with his pals on the radio. Imagine getting paid to just chill and chat with your buddies and talk about jokes, politics, science, and stories.

The only downsides I can think of are: - He has so many episodes that eventually you'll say something too controversial.

- Comedy is a tough gig, going on stage and ever having a joke fall flat must be like being stabbed with a thousand burning needles.

I am not trying to single you out or making my comment personal, but I feel like a lot of people nowadays only focus on the flashy glamorous side of things while ignoring the amount of work/sacrifice it takes to get and stay there. Joe has mentioned briefly his struggles as a young up and comer working the comedy scenes but just like most if not all the successful people, they've put in their due.

Joe used to be a sharp dude. I loved him blasting Bob Arum (or whoever it was) about boxing vs mma. But since he's focused his entire existence on pushing weed and dmt to the masses....he's become a cautionary tale or what not to do. Dude is slowly making himself retarded for everybody to see. It's pretty sad. It's really sad actually.

I think its safe to say no one here could do Joe's job

I am not trying to single you out or making my comment personal, but I feel like a lot of people nowadays only focus on the flashy glamorous side of things while ignoring the amount of work/sacrifice it takes to get and stay there. Joe has mentioned briefly his struggles as a young up and comer working the comedy scenes but just like most if not all the successful people, they've put in their due.

I specifically made a point to mention how hard being a comedian is, how am I ignoring it? Aside from that, chatting with interesting people and flying to arenas all over the world to see free fights is the shit.

I specifically made a point to mention how hard being a comedian is, how am I ignoring it? Aside from that, chatting with interesting people and flying to arenas all over the world to see free fights is the shit.

You provide the evidence yourself by equating running one of the most successful podcast with "chatting with interesting people" and being a successful colour commentator of the biggest mma organization with "flying to arena all over the world to see free fight".

Joe has great jobs, he built his reality. The best? That's subjective but doubtful.

I used to watch every jre but stopped cold turkey a few months ago. I went back yesterday with my man D. Trussell whom I was introduced to through the jre and couldn't make it ten minutes. Joes dramatic/hyperbolic way of conveying his understanding or lack there of is cringy and entirely off putting. I get it, but reel it in! On the flip side, Duncan resonates with me on a much deeper level and now I don't miss a dtfh episode...

Back