Doesn't Joe Rogan have the best job ever?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean, dude gets paid to watch every UFC event from the front row. And he gets a podcast which is basically just shooting the shit with his pals on the radio. Imagine getting paid to just chill and chat with your buddies and talk about jokes, politics, science, and stories.

The only downsides I can think of are: - He has so many episodes that eventually you'll say something too controversial.

- Comedy is a tough gig, going on stage and ever having a joke fall flat must be like being stabbed with a thousand burning needles.

He also gets paid to go full mongoloid strength on white belts during BJJ classes. No mercy.

Looks a lot easier than it is.

Whatever anyone has to say about Rogan (about being a druggie, pseudointellectual who builds a narrative in his head and uses confirmation bias to support it, then preaches it as if it's gospel), he does have certain talents hosting, commentating, and especially interviewing that most don't have.

Whatever anyone has to say about Rogan (about being a druggie, pseudointellectual who builds a narrative in his head and uses confirmation bias to support it, then preaches it as if it's gospel), he does have certain talents hosting, commentating, and especially interviewing that most don't have.

yeah, i agree. it's not as easy as it may seem. he has to ask pertinent and engaging questions to keep the interview interesting. i could see myself becoming stumped and being unsure on what to ask at a certain point.

No, it’s a job just like any other..that’s one of the ironies of life...The real appreciation fades with the routine..

it's gotta be up there
announces fights, tells jokes on stage, meets interesting and famous people from all over the world, etc...

He's got a great one for sure. Only competition in my mind would be Clarkson. Joe gets to stay so close to home but Clarkson gets an off season.
Jeremy-Clarkson-Happy.png

Also:
Any pro athlete
Rockstar
Actor

Would have went with Anthony Bordane but ... you know ....

read somewhere he makes 70k per podcast

thats my kinda job

The dude hustles too. He’s got a lot of irons in the fire. Always working on something. Podcasts. Supplement company. UFC. Comedy. Plus he trains his ass off.

I'ma have to say the dude who trains prostitutes. If we're talking a jobby job where you put in man hours.

For me personally I couldnt do all the traveling it takes being a UFC commentator. I'd miss my cat too much.

Having one of the biggest podcasts in the world, though, is for sure a dream job.

He keeps engaging conversation with strangers for 3 hours at a time. I can barley do that with close friends

No, it’s a job just like any other..that’s one of the ironies of life...The real appreciation fades with the routine..
You are probably right, but I choose to believe it would be awesome to get paid 6 figures to bullshit with interesting people and commentate cagefights for a living.

All that flying would suck balls though.

yeah, i agree. it's not as easy as it may seem. he has to ask pertinent and engaging questions to keep the interview interesting. i could see myself becoming stumped and being unsure on what to ask at a certain point.

I can imagine it being difficult once you start off but after a while, I wonder if it's just effortless. Like someone like Jay Leno who's been in it for almost 20 years, I can't see him having too much trouble keeping a convo going. Especially since the guests on the show are interesting people and have a lot to talk about.

He's got a great one for sure. Only competition in my mind would be Clarkson. Joe gets to stay so close to home but Clarkson gets an off season.

Also:
Any pro athlete
Rockstar
Actor

Those are actually pretty tough if you think about it. The reward is great as hell of course, but those can be grueling.

With that said, I hate when actors cry about how tough they have it. Chris Evans was complaining about how stressful filming the Avengers was, I wanted to be like "STOP IT!"

giphy.gif

Back