Does your parents/family warns you when you gain weight?

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I belive that of the big reasons i maintain a good weight is cause when people get fat in my family people do tell them. I know that it may sounds a little rough, but if anyone should tell someone about their weight that person should be one of his loved ones. I actually belive many asian countries don't have that high obesity rate cause people tell in your face when you are getting fat. Anyway does your family tells you when you're getting chubby?

I'm the leanest one in my family except for my cousin who's a navy swcc the rest of them are all "big boned" so they cant say much lol

They buy me a muumuu dress and tell me it's for when I grow into it
832537100e19da69f9fc05a484fc4643.jpg

Same in my family, we have never had a filter for this shit. Are you gaining weight? No candy and pizza for you fatso. Bad grades? Do you wanna become a trashman or what? You aren't getting out until they improve and so on.
Can't be a coincidence that there's not a fat person in the family as well. And by that I don't mean the only the immediate family but uncles, cousins and grandparents included.

Last edited:
Same in my family, there has never been in a filter for this shit. Are you gaining weight? No candy and pizza for you fatso. Bad grades? You aren't getting out until they improve and so on.
can't be a coincidence that there's not a fat person in the family as well. And by that I don't mean the only the immediate family but uncles, cousins and grandparents included.
I mean i don't care if its rude its ok to do if it is your family, i had a cousin who was obese and after she heard a bunch from her family she finally lost weight and now she's a lot happier, prettier and healthier. Yeah that might have made her sad at the time, but guess what the ways things were going she could have been dead right now

Warn me....No. My Mom just says "you're getting fat". then I go on a diet. She never lied about me getting fat. She kept me honest and thin.

I've been (plus or minus 5 pounds) the same weight for the last 10 years so no for me.

My parents were so fat i almost fell off the rollercoaster

I belive that of the big reasons i maintain a good weight is cause when people get fat in my family people do tell them. I know that it may sounds a little rough, but if anyone should tell someone about their weight that person should be one of his loved ones. I actually belive many asian countries don't have that high obesity rate cause people tell in your face when you are getting fat. Anyway does your family tells you when you're getting chubby?

one 100% true with asians.

'You fat, ah?' @koolinkunming

The opposite happened to me when I did finally lose a great deal of weight, my parents started saying I was losing too much and that "I was eating like a pigeon."
Neither to my mind is true, I still have a great deal of chest fat on me and while I do eat smaller portion now, it's because that's as most as I can stomach before feeling bloated and full.

I was a fat kid myself growing up, but even my parents were overweight too.
Whenever the subject came up with my Dad and I tried to talk him into changing his eating habits, he'd quickly change the subject and start telling me that I was getting too thin, which basically meant "Go Away."
When he wasn't heaving and panting from doing the most basic things like walking or lifting a chair, it wasn't that he was severely overweight and the excess put a great deal of pressure and overload on his lungs, but that he'd always been a heavy breather growing up.

My mother wasn't much better, when I look back now at growing up I was always given such huge portions of food to eat. I ate it of course, but my brother and sister always got such smaller portions compared to me.
Now that I don't live with her anymore, my sister, who's been crocked up in her room for most of the year because of lockdown, has started eating a lot more and gotten obese as a result.

Obesity is a horrible problem that runs rampant in many families around the Western World, not genetically mind you, but that parents often pass down their incompetence to cooking and eating habits down to their children without realising it.

it should be pretty easy TBH

look down in the shower, can you see your feet?

no? you're fat

When I was fat, my other half didn't say anything. Few months ago he said we had both put on weight...which we had. I took massive offence and went into starvation mode. I had gone from being skinny as a rake to normal weight during Covid boredom I guess. But I didn't like it.

When I was fat, my other half didn't say anything. Few months ago he said we had both put on weight...which we had. I took massive offence and went into starvation mode. I had gone from being skinny as a rake to normal weight during Covid boredom I guess. But I didn't like it.
Serious question, what's the proper response to give when a woman asks her spouse/bf if they have gained weight? I feel like there is no good answer here.

Serious question, what's the proper response to give when a woman asks her spouse/bf if they have gained weight? I feel like there is no good answer here.
If she's asking she's self countious, you should tell the truth. She might get angry or sad, but hey if you don't say it she'll become a whale

That was my grandmother all day. You wouldn’t even get 3 steps in the door. “Lord, I hardly recognized you you’ve gained so much weight.”

No, there isn't. I would never say it. I have enough tricks up my sleeve in the kitchen healthy food wise where it doesn't become a chore and would just insist on cooking rather than him. With fuck all to do for a few months I just invented a lot because other than cooking and sport knowledge I don't have a great deal going for me. But kitchen stuff...I really do know.

Sure we hazed the shit outta each other in my family. 4 boys 2 girls. Girls exempt of course. I didnt get fat until my 30s but dad would have no issue with words like "lard ass" and when fishing exagerating how much boat would move when moving around...be like "don't capsize the boat." I was only 265 with a 36" waist.... perfect for me is 220 with 32"..I'm 6'6 1/2. Somewhere in between those now.

When I went back to work after 3 months of Layoff my boss, my bosses boss, and about 5 others fat shamed me into losing the ten pounds I gained. I thanked them for it.

Back