Does your favorite fighter speak English?

Junior Cigano**

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sup guys, I'm seeing a lot of talk about guys like Renan Barao and Jose Aldo not getting paid and not being popular because they can't speak English. I think this is ridiculous, so I ask, does your favorite fighters speak English?

A little bit.

Seeing you mentioned him, no, no he doesn't.

If the UFC can't promote non english speakers it will never be properly international.

I don't think I ever heard Fedor speak a word of English.

Very selectively.

anderson1.png

I don't really care if a fighter can speak English or where they are from I just care about how that fight.

My favorite current fighter is Cowboy Cerrone and he's American. But if you mean ever: I've heard people say that Fedor can speak some English but he didn't in any of the interviews I've seen.

He's not gaining endorsements because he can't speak English. He's not gaining attention from casuals, which would raise his buys, which would raise his pay.

Zuffa doesn't deduct money from non English speaking fighters.

Does khabib speak English well? I
know he's done a fine job promoting himself.

Yes they do albeit with a slight dialect.

Gustafsson (Swedish accent)
McGregor (Irish accent)
Sonnen (Gangster from the mean streets of West Lynn, Oregon accent)

Bitch, Connor McGregor invented the english language. Its the real reason ireland and england are at war.

On a serious note, McGregor is not my fav fighter and no Jose does not speak english.

Condit: Yes.
Werdum: He'll troll you in Portuguese, Spanish and English.

It was really cool to watch JDS' english improve so much over the years. In Dana's vlog for JDS' debut against Werdum, Big Nog had to translate "Good Luck" for him. It was crazy seeing him doing press conferences with no translator just a few years later.

Gus- Yes but with a handsome accent.

Wand- His english is amazing..It's very fun to guess what he is saying...It's not bad but..yeah

JDS-His english is amazingly good for a Brazilian citizen..

Back