Does Volkanovski have the Best 5 Wins in a row ever?

Cruz was shot. TJ was horribly weight drained and looked near death going down to a weight he hadn't been at since he was hitting puberty.

r490403_3_1600x800cc.jpg

Moraes win was great at the time but it's aged horribly. Like the Max rematch for Volk most thought Henry lost to DJ

Context matters. Over time most wins age horribly, lol.

Context matters. Over time most wins age horribly, lol.

Over a long period of time sure. But Marlon got exposed and started losing left and right and being finished immediately after as he was figured out

Max and Aldo wins have aged well for Volk and they're 2 of the best fighters ever. I doubt we'll see Ortega fall off a cliff but let's see. Chad obviously retired after that fight but when Chad is your worst win in a 5 fight win streak that says a lot about how insane the streak was even if Chad was past his best

Over a long period of time sure. But Marlon started losing left and right immediately after as he was figured out

Max and Aldo wins have aged well for Volk and they're 2 of the best fighters ever. I doubt we'll see Ortega fall off a cliff but let's see. Chad obviously retired after that fight but when Chad is your worst win in a 5 fight win streak that says a lot about how insane the streak was even if Chad was past his best

Not hating on Volk's resume. The guy is an amazing fighter. I just always feel compelled to mention context. It drives me nuts when people don't use it. Marlon was a good win. It is what it is.

Well then if you're gonna disect his wins like that lets do the same with Volk's.

You counted Holloway twice so that's 4 opponents in 5 wins not 5 different opponents.

Most people thought Max won the 2nd fight.

Chad Mendes was out of his prime. That was 2-3 years after his suspension.

Aldo was past his prime also.

Ortega is probably the best win.

Ortega was damaged goods after Max had finished him… Max was never in trouble in that fight. He finished him on the feet….

His 5 won't get the respect it deserves because not many people know who Kanehara is but it's definitely one of the best all things considered. Beating the shit out of Arona to win the GP is the cherry on top.

That run is incredible. No one can tell me otherwise.

It didn't happen now, though. It happened before Yan and moraes beat him. Aldo was still clearly the best FW not named Max at that time, though, and you can't get much better wins than a win over the second best guy. Is it worth as much as when Conor beat him? No, but still worth a damn lot.
Now as in recent years not this exact second. At that point in time I already considered Aldo done at the championship level.

Like I said. Its a good win. Not as good as it used to be. Nobody is saying its worth nothing. People are treating it like a prime aldo win which I disagree with, thats all

Now as in recent years not this exact second. At that point in time I already considered Aldo done at the championship level.

Like I said. Its a good win. Not as good as it used to be. Nobody is saying its worth nothing. People are treating it like a prime aldo win which I disagree with, thats all

I mean, he's STILL at the championship level years later lol. I guess you just have higher expectations. I don't know.

I mean, he's STILL at the championship level years later lol. I guess you just have higher expectations. I don't know.
No? I expect Aldo to be competitive in the top 5 and beat top 10. Thats not a high expectation.

No? I expect Aldo to be competitive in the top 5 and beat top 10. Thats not a high expectation.

You said you've seen him as "done" at the championship level for years now, yet he's still a top 5 contender and fought in a championship fight after that, and is one win away from fighting for another belt. To me, top 5 guys are championship level fighters-- they're quite literally the guys that fight in championships.

He arguably does. It is understandable that people will call out the second Holloway fight as being a controversial decision, but people will falsely diminish it by claiming Aldo was shot when in reality Aldo hadn't slowed down one bit (whereas now he has finally lost some explosive speed and reflexes) and his boxing was at its all time best at that time.

Shogun
Rampage
Lyoto
Rashad
TRT Vitor

So far this is the only other top 5 list I see as being a worthy comparison. But really none of those guys are anywhere near as good or well rounded as the guys Volk beat, they are the product of different eras.

So far this is the only other top 5 list I see as being a worthy comparison. But really none of those guys are anywhere near as good or well rounded as the guys Volk beat, they are the product of different eras.

They're not anywhere near as good as who Volk beat? Ortega and Mendes have somehow become clearly better than all 5 of them? Nonsense.

There is the obvious asterisk with Jones but he ran through all of them and had four finishes.

Probably nobody. That's 3 opponents who are all time greats in the division and the other will probably become one in the future. All of them present different styles and are masters at atleast one MA.

brian ortega will sadly never, ever be an all-time great of the division after those pummelings he took from Holloway/Volk. Horrible beatings. He might be like the Gustafson of that division. Current 3rd best til he loses more.

Lots both Max fights, Nunes lost both Schev fights, TJ lost to Sandhagen, with judges and refferees like that wins do not count.

Back