Does Uriah Hall have a chance?

Mousasi has never been finished with strikes and he fought strikers like Manhoef and Hunt... He'll be fine. Actually I can't really remember seeing him getting knocked down either.

hall has a chance, and i expect him to try and make this a boring fight, and only occasionally throw a flashy spinning kick that has little chance of landing against mousasi...

Yes? Big time. Mousasi isn't an elite MW, which has been proven time and time again. I don't think he can take Hall down and quite frankly Hall is a better striker.

Lol..Jesus h...where do u guys come from

I think he can get off some good shots. Moose eats them, takes him down, takes his back and RNC.

What a thread...what a thread!

Of coarse he has a chance, WTF?!

More of a strikers chance imo

He got oustrucked by Rafael Natal of all the people in the world

Yes? Big time. Mousasi isn't an elite MW, which has been proven time and time again. I don't think he can take Hall down and quite frankly Hall is a better striker.

and hall recently lost to natal.....

What good wins has Hall had fighting in the UFC? His broken toe fight was kind of cool but he didn't really do much in that fight either. He has only beaten low level guys. No real reason to believe he has a decent chance to beat Moose.

Uriah has no chance, Mousasi is better everywhere... but we also said that before GSP/Serra 1 and Anderson/Takase (for old school PRIDE fans who remember the Chute Boxe hype, with Anderson at the time being trained with Ninja by Pele (his an Silva are
1-1 in kick-boxing also)etc) ...

No top 20 wins + outstruck by someone who is primarily a grappler = lock of the century.

Rankings don't matter and your last fight has nothing to do with your next fight.

I can see Mousasi getting caught by a couple of big strikes. Id give Hall's unorthodox style an edge in the standup. On the ground Mousasi has the edge.

Given that Id go with Hall just because Mousasi's career is winding down IMO, and this could be Hall's breakout fight.

Which has no bearing on his fight with Mousasi

In what universe does a previous fight not hold weight on future fights? How can I not wonder how Uriah is going to handle a monster like Mousasi when he lost a decision against Natal? It's a perfectly fair question.

In what universe does a previous fight not hold weight on future fights?

Earth 616

But seriously folks...

Remember when Gus was supposed to easily handle Rumble because he "put them tips" on Jon Jones?

Or when TJ Dillashaw was supposed to get mollywopped by Barao because a 125lber KOd him in the past?

How can I not wonder how Uriah is going to handle a monster like Mousasi when he lost a decision against Natal? It's a perfectly fair question.

No one said you couldn't wonder anything. It's a completely different opponent, under completely different circumstances. What happened yesterday has nothing to do with today. FIGHTERS will tell you that.

Everyone has a chance in MMA, but probably not. I see Hall being on the wrong end of three rounds of top control and gnp.

No one said you couldn't wonder anything. It's a completely different opponent, under completely different circumstances. What happened yesterday has nothing to do with today. FIGHTERS will tell you that.

I do get your point, I know each fight is it's own thing and can be completely different than past fights. I just don't agree with the "has no bearing at all" way of thinking. The thing is Hall hasn't beaten anyone that is even close to Mooses level. That's the point people are making when they look at the natal fight because Hall did not look good in that fight and there is no other fight that he has had in the UFC to support the idea that he is going to do well against Moose.

Gus and Dillashaw have looked good in previous performances against high level fighters. Hall has not.

It's a completely different opponent, under completely different circumstances. What happened yesterday has nothing to do with today. FIGHTERS will tell you that.

no joke I like your style, but do I miss your posts where you propose strategies to analyze upcoming fights, or does everything not matter

Everyone has a chance in MMA, but probably not. I see Hall being on the wrong end of three rounds of top control and gnp.

Gonna go with this.

Hall looks absolutely brilliant when he engages, but he can go entire fights without trying to do ANYTHING. Moose seems content to attempt to point people out a lot of the time. The stars could align for Hall to pull the trigger while Moose is being lazy and get a brilliant KO, but I kinda doubt it. Moose by decision is most likely.

I dont see Hall winning this one. I like both fighters sucks that one of them has to get a lose.

Back