Does UFC have stars?

Adesanya ( future GOAT contender)
Zhang (She is from China)
Askren (not the start he wanted but will continue to get paid for his mouth)
Jones ( very bad guy)
Joanna (wants to be star, should have realised her star was brightest when she all fight and less insta)
Diaz (Nate)

Last edited:
Yes, the have lots. You know that guy, he's Scottish of something & Ronda Rousy. Typical casual mma/UFC discussion.

The average joe has no idea who these guys are.

A star is someone you know even if you're not a fan of the sport he/she practices... Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Tom Brady, Tiger Woods, Serena Williams, Mike Tyson, etc.

So pretty much only Conor, Brock and Rousey.

When it comes to casual fans, it's Conor and that's it (everyone else of note requires the obligatory "You know? He's that guy who fought so and so when we were at the bar that night").

And even Conor's star is fading fast.

Conor
Brock
Rousey
Diaz
Khabib

Maybe masvidal if he wins

I am not talking best fighters, but stars, for the casuals as well.

Conor and Ronda are out.

So its Khabib and Jones. Others?

Stars for the casuals...?
source.gif

Jones is not a star. Barely anyone knows who he is. Ask 10 random people on the street who Jon Jones is, they got no clue.

Conor is the only real star the UFC ever had.

No besides Conor, maybe Khabib.

They have bigger names but no real actual worldwide stars besides those 2.

The only guy I considered a household name now is Jon Jones but it's usually negative.

I am not talking best fighters, but stars, for the casuals as well.

Conor and Ronda are out.

So its Khabib and Jones. Others?
maybe Adesanya. at least all of the mma media thinks so. but it's too early to tell

The average joe has no idea who these guys are.

A star is someone you know even if you're not a fan of the sport he/she practices... Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Tom Brady, Tiger Woods, Serena Williams, Mike Tyson, etc.
people use the term "star" loosely. there's levels to this. a lot of people will talk about stars even if they're not on Michael Jordan level.
edit: Diaz should definitely be on the list.

UFC is a niche organization promoting a niche sport. Ask 10 random people on the street and I'll bet they've never heard of UFC or any of these, "stars."

Ask 10 random hipsters in Starbucks, however, and you'll get much better results.

Jones is not a star. Barely anyone knows who he is. Ask 10 random people on the street who Jon Jones is, they got no clue.

Conor is the only real star the UFC ever had.

I don't understand what is Jones doing in those lists. But I have a theory for that. You are from Austria, I'm French. So I guess, he may be famous in the US, but I swear nobody knows him here in Europe.

Khabib is part of the pop culture, Jon Jones isn't.

Back