Does Tyron Woodley really deserves a title shot?

Thompson just fought dumbasses, beating Hendricks after he ducked Woodley. WW needed a title fight, Thompson just fought, and Woodley beat Condit, who deserves a title fight more than anyone but apparently we don't get a rematch. So Woodley is obviously next in line at WW, then Wonderboy.

Man just give the title shot to Woodley, there is little chance he can win anyways just let him fight. Most likely he won't be training at ATT for that fight. Woodley can't out strike Robbie, take Robbie down and his going to gas in a 5 round fight. If this fight happens this would be the first time I'm picking Robbie in any of his title fights.

Here is one way to settle it:

Woodley vs Thompson for the #1 contender spot.

Hell no. Wonderboy has been so much more impressive, and just last year Rory beat him easily. It's not an appealing fight. He's only riding a two fight win streak....

I agree with the ranking but feel woodley and wb need to fight a true number 1 contender's match. You rarely see those nowadays. Woodley beat condit even if it was a fluke. And condit deserves his recent loss for always trying to exploit the judges. I was an early adopter of wonderboy but still have my doubts. I feel hendricks made it very easy for him on saturday.

Well there's been less deserving

I don't think a lot of people as asking for Woodley to get a title shot. Most fans seem to want Wonderboy, which means that's what we'll get. The UFC doesn't seem to keep promises. They will make the money fight.

So, what your saying is, you're gonna go off of a 2012 KO by Nate Marquardt in Strikeforce as as a response to Woodley's place at WW, and not much more recent UFC finishes of Koscheck, DHK and Condit? Nice.
What I'm saying is, posting gifs of knockouts don't equate to deserving a title shot.
He's on a two fight win streak. He lost to Rory not too long ago. He needs one more win in my opinion.
I will admit that it was a bit petty to just post the gif, though.

He needs to do more to prove he can contend for a title, Wonderboy just did and even Maia has about the same claim as Woodley does.

He should have to fight Lombard.
Only fight I want to see woodley in.

He needs to do more to prove he can contend for a title, Wonderboy just did and even Maia has about the same claim as Woodley does.

Merit means nothing in UFC, remember? Look at McGregor (Pre-Mendes), Sonnen and Gus getting title shots. Sherdog didn't complain much about that, but Woodley getting an unconfirmed title shot pisses you off. I wonder why that is?

Dana straight up said at UFC 192: "Woodley is next in line for a title shot.... but anything can happen"

Woodley was a fool

Merit means nothing in UFC, remember? Look at McGregor (Pre-Mendes), Sonnen and Gus getting title shots. Sherdog didn't complain much about that, but Woodley getting an unconfirmed title shot pisses you off. I wonder why that is?

Wtf? Are you implying i'm racist? lol and I'm not pissed off.. just stating my opinion dude..

Plus McGregor and Gus aren't good comparisons to Woodley, McGregor was on his way up and destroying everyone and Gus was young with more potential, in a division where contenders had been exhausted. Woodley has just looked lackluster with no signs he can compete with Lawler.

Also, I understand merit doesn't always have much to do with ufc's decisions, but this is a forum post asking if Woodley truly deserves a title shot.. So I think it's fine to post and not require someone explaining to me something I already know. Even if the ufc is honourable I don't think Woodley should get the shot over Thompson.

Wtf? Are you implying i'm racist? lol and I'm not pissed off.. just stating my opinion dude..

Plus McGregor and Gus aren't good comparisons to Woodley, McGregor was on his way up and destroying everyone and Gus was young with more potential, in a division where contenders had been exhausted. Woodley has just looked lackluster with no signs he can compete with Lawler.

Also, I understand merit doesn't always have much to do with ufc's decisions, but this is a forum post asking if Woodley truly deserves a title shot.. So I think it's fine to post and not require someone explaining to me something I already know. Even if the ufc is honourable I don't think Woodley should get the shot over Thompson.

Geez where would sherdog get that idea?
Also Gus got ko'd and still got a title shot and still got less flack.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

cc_knee-gif.gif
1rlPc.gif

at this point if Maia beats Brown he will be a lot more deserving
Thompson is also deserving

for shear entertainment factor Thompson wins

Woodley knows how to sing for his supper.....Dana likes fighters like Woodley.

He blew his chances by not taking the Lombard fight, now that he had sat out for a while now waiting after Hendricks pulled out expecting a title. The welterweight division moved forward, sitting out waiting for a title shot might be the worst thing to happen to him, look what happened to Rashad, sat out waiting for a title shot, got injured and took a loooong time to get another one.

Back