Does Tyron Woodley really deserves a title shot?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

cc_knee-gif.gif
tumblr_m77fomE0161qaa8d1o2_r1_500.gif

No, he got the title shot by chance.. beating Gastelum, Kim and Koscheck doesn't earn you a shot. A win over Hendricks weighs more than all of those names. Wonderboy would also beat Woodley btw.

Dana also said GSP is on his way to the hospital after the Hendricks fight and won't be joining them in the post fight presser...
Really is sad when the discussions aren't about the fights but how the boss is a liar.

So, what your saying is, you're gonna go off of a 2012 KO by Nate Marquardt in Strikeforce as as a response to Woodley's place at WW, and not much more recent UFC finishes of Koscheck, DHK and Condit? Nice.

No. No he absolutely does not. His best win was via injury against Condit. Outside of that injury victory he has zero top five wins.

Wonder boy's win on the weekend was better than anything on Woodley's record by a country mile. If Woodley get's it over Thompson, or even the Condit rematch, it'll be a joke.

Here's a better question. Does anyone want to see Woodley get a title shot?
I wouldn't mind seeing him in a title fight but he has to earn it.

It sucks FOR HIM that hendricks pulled out of that fight with him, had he won It'd be hard to debate against him deserving it.

It's great for everyone else that hendricks pulled out of that fight because it left woodley without a fight and gave wonderboy the push he needed to fight for the title. Woodley should have demanded to fight hendricks opposed to sitting back and resting on one of dana's "promised" titleshots.

Really is sad when the discussions aren't about the fights but how the boss is a liar.
Your choice really if you want to take Dana's words like Gospel...dude just turns 360 on everyone...
I'm not saying Dana is lying...I'm just saying what Dana said could be a lie....

Your choice really if you want to take Dana's words like Gospel...dude just turns 360 on everyone...
I'm not saying Dana is lying...I'm just saying what Dana said could be a lie....
Who said that I do? If Woodley doesn't get a title shot and he is not injured then the story would be about Dana and not Lawler vs whomever.

No, there are at least five people ahead of him for the title shot.

Hell, I'd still put Hendricks ahead of him.

No, I don't think so, there are better options now. I suppose it isn't really a matter of deserving a title shot but rather what the UFC wants and who is available.

Short answer: Nope.

He decided to sit out for title shot that wasn't guaranteed in the first place. Within 72 hours of Hendricks missing weight for their fight, the title shot was in question. He could've fought once again and put himsef in a much better position, but he gambled and lost. Thomson did the unthinkable and made Hendricks look like an amateur. That single win is more impressive that a split decision over Gastelum, who was sick as hell, and Stungun.

Yeah, he also self declared himself as the mandatory contender for the title. And when he was doing analysis for Lawler and Condit, he was adamant there was no need for a rematch. A gamble that's probably not going to pay off and he's being inactive for a while now.

I think at most he deserved show money and probably what he would have gained in a win bonus, since Hendricks didn't make the scheduled fight, but not a title shot.

As usual, Dana spoke too early, though, so now he'll feel entitled.

Who said that I do? If Woodley doesn't get a title shot and he is not injured then the story would be about Dana and not Lawler vs whomever.
Wonderboy & Maia deserved that shot just as much as anybody else...Woodley IMO is close to the treatment Bader was getting. And I believe not signing to fight Lombard put him in Dana's bad side. Wonderboy saving that card to fight Hendricks put him in Dana's good books...I won't be surprise but who cares, anybody fighting Lawler will be entertaining anyways.

Knocking out Koshcek is like a right of passage at this point. I find it ridiculous that after a win over condit by injury, and hendricks not making weight, and losing to rory, that TW is so convinced he's entitled to a shot at the belt, that he's just waiting around for it. 100% he's not getting the next shot. They should give him wonder boy, and winner gets the shot. Wonder boy vs Rory would be epic. Love to see that. Think Rory takes it.
Maia is never getting a shot. all his defenses would have to be fight nights.

2 fight win streak, not very impressive at all against Kelvin...Pretty sure if Kelvin had come into that fight in shape he would have won. Yeah he had someone pull out of a fight but since when does that earn someone a shot

Wonderboy has put a stamp on it, all the fans want to see him fight Lawler

Wonderboy and Maia (if he beats Brown) are ahead of Woodley.

But how in the motherfuck is finishing DHK not saying much? Condit got a shot at it after finishing him and that was 5 years ago.

When condit did it he was an undefeated and very promising prospect IIRC

Tyrone was not on a 2 fight win streak...
after condit
tumblr_n76z7tL0He1rofocqo1_400.gif
g6_RoA.gif

Wonderboy has 6...don't make it look like those gif are consecutive wins without that macdonald loss...
man, that second gif of rory is nice. He really outclassed Woodley that night

C'mon, it's 2016 we've been through this.

Dana isn't exactly a liar, but you have to take everything with a grain of salt. He promised a title shot, and it made sense at that time. 3 months later it doesn't.

Back