Does Tony Ferguson have the better BJJ than Khabib?

Of course. Khabib doesn't do BJJ.

Yes, but it won´t make a difference.

Khabib via mauling.
<codychoke>

You need to be truly elite, say ADCC level to catch Khabib from the bottom. Even then, after a few of his bombs it will likely kill your game (like what Fedor did to prime Nog).

Does Tony have the better BJJ than Khabib?

Better BJJ, better striking, better footwork, better endurance.

Yeah, Tony is the better MMA-fighter. We will see it hopefully in 2019 in a dominant fashion.

I dont think he has better grappling, but he's possibly good enough to force a stalemate on the ground.

If Sambo was easy it would be called BJJ.

Yes but he doesn't have anything close to the wrestling and grappling.

If Khabib gets tony down, I have a hard time seeing him do something offensively on the ground, Khabib is so aware and has better understanding of positioning than anybody in that division.

Tony's best bet is to survive the early onslaught on the ground, accept the takedowns, then hoping to break Khabib in the 3rd or 4th.

hmmm, tough one to answer. Neither one of them are really BJJ practitioners. Khabib is Sambo and Tony is non-traditional BJJ.
For grappling Id say Khabib has better control where as Tony has better subs and offence from the bottom.
I think Tony would do better off his back then Khabib would.

Khabib has good top control that doesn't mean he has good BJJ. If he did he would have finished all his fights with the control he has.

If Khabib gets tony down, I have a hard time seeing him do something offensively on the ground, Khabib is so aware and has better understanding of positioning than anybody in that division.

Tony's best bet is to survive the early onslaught on the ground, accept the takedowns, then hoping to break Khabib in the 3rd or 4th.

Connor didn't take much damage against Khabib in the first round. And Ferguson is way much better on the ground than him. And so flexible, Kevin Lee did not land any clean shot on him despite his positions.

And don't forget, I really like El Cucuy, but he also has "nasty" and "dirty" tricks in his pocket. Eyepoke against RDA, illegal kick against Edson.... he know how to survive and as you said: When the bell rings to round 4 or even 5.... deep water for Khabib, very deep.

Yes but he isn't strong enough to stop the slow grinding takedowns and blanket style of Khabib. I'm telling you Lee might be the best chance at 55 atm

I don't think it matters. Khabib's grappling is light years ahead of anyone in the division.

Not necessarily. Khabib would still most likely beat him in a normal BJJ match. You can't rely all the time on heel hooks and leg locks. Take downs and top control, while less exciting, are definitely more consistent ways of winning on the ground.

I dont think he has better grappling, but he's possibly good enough to force a stalemate on the ground.
To stop khabib from smashing you have to maintain position and constantly fight to improve so he can't use his hands...shits easier said than done tho lol

Back