Does this video expose Conor McGregor's lack of ground game?

I bet if we looked at video of Conor first arriving at the gym and all throughout the years he'd be on his back hours upon hours! Good catch OP. that's a sign of weakness if I ever saw one!

It just seems like he's being lazy or going thru the motions for the experience. People read way too much into training sessions. They can mean much different things from one fighter to the next.

Though I will reiterate about the claim vis a vis his top game against Holloway, Max himself had a blown tire, and from the beginning of the fight instead. So all that fight really displayed is Conor has a better td game or fight I.Q. to fall back on when injured. Kudos to him for that. But let's not get crazy trying to translate that situation much to future fights either.

Max broke his foot on Conor's check, Conor tore up his knee to shreds in transition. I don't think you're being quite fair. Max had no answer and a broken foot is nothing like a torn ACL and got schooled on the feet as well. This showed some prowess.

His ground game isn't CM Punk level but it's pretty good.

Max broke his foot on Conor's check, Conor tore up his knee to shreds in transition. I don't think you're being quite fair. Max had no answer and a broken foot is nothing like a torn ACL and got schooled on the feet as well. This showed some prowess.

Conor absolutely outclassed Holloway standing and on the ground, but Holloway said he sprained his ankle early. If he actually had his foot broken on a check, that just says more for Conor's skill level than anything.

The more I rewatch McGregor fights the more I begin to believe in this guy.

I would say he dicked 'er, Victor. Damn, that looks bad!

Back