Does This Thai Boxing Gym Sound Ok?

syt98

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, sorry for being such a stranger but im a bit skeptical about this gym i'm going to.
I have done a few lessons so I can give you a basic view of what it is and need some advice from experienced thai boxers

It is

What you just described is normal, and what most good muay thai gyms will offer. Some dont do sparing, so if your into that, its a good thing... however watch that the group and the trainers aren't a bit thugish, cos sparring can get pretty heavy.
But yea, all that sounds good for a decent price. Where abouts is it by the way? Sounds very similar to the one i used to go...

and by the way, twice a week is fine for beginners. you will need time to recover from the sparring sessions. you might find it hard to walk the days after the first few sessions. and might still be aching / carring knocks when you go back, so twice a week is more than enough. Once you get to a decent level, you can think about adding more gym time in.

What you just described is normal, and what most good muay thai gyms will offer. Some dont do sparing, so if your into that, its a good thing... however watch that the group and the trainers aren't a bit thugish, cos sparring can get pretty heavy.
But yea, all that sounds good for a decent price. Where abouts is it by the way? Sounds very similar to the one i used to go...

Thanks for the post man
The lessons take place at the Deeside Leisure Centre in Wales

It seems legit but my class is an hour and a half long so that people can spar because they want to. Doing it just the once a week seems weird and more so that it's a choice

and by the way, twice a week is fine for beginners. you will need time to recover from the sparring sessions. you might find it hard to walk the days after the first few sessions. and might still be aching / carring knocks when you go back, so twice a week is more than enough. Once you get to a decent level, you can think about adding more gym time in.

/\ This is exactly right twice a week is plenty for starters,if your feeling super energetic inbetween lessons then go for a run,do some conditioning exercises or go for a swim or something .
Learning a martial art properly is more of a marathon then a sprint as much as you want to make progress you don't want to burn yourself out in the process .
Boring old farts like me have seen plenty of guys come in full of piss and vinegar,they want everything to be super budo super hard the whole time,their full of it for about six months and then you never see them again.....

Hey guys and girls, sorry for being such a stranger but im a bit skeptical about this gym i'm going to.
I have done a few lessons so I can give you a basic view of what it is and need some advice from experienced thai boxers

It is

2 times a week is not bad. Once you get more conditioned 3 times should be your minimum.

Back