Does this eBay deal look legit? TopTen Headgear $40+ savings

A

ASEGSEA

Totiro-USA offers a pair of Avant-guarde headsets for $196 (July-15 15% discount code added) + $30 shipping = $226.

Not bad for head guards that will last you forever. forever/$226 = decent price in the long haul.

HOWEVER, eBay seller DrFloyd04 is selling (TopTen Olympic Head gear for $80 each. Even with that and shipping it's only $180ish.

$40 is a pretty good savings. If it's an authentic TopTen then I'm all over it. I sent an email to the doc requesting him to verify the equipment.

Anyone know anything about this guy or whether the material can't be profited from such a low price?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he's a top rated seller with almost 100% feedback. If he and his items were a sham then I think it would be reflected in his rating. I hope that they're legit and you get a helluva lot of good use from them.

Yeah, some other guy bought the same headgear and gave A++++ reviews.

Still, better safe than sorry. ANd there are scammers with impeccable review ratings. Look at all those super-cheap SLR cameras.

True. However, his detailed ratings are likewise very high. I've got a good feeling about the seller. I mean, he posted a pic of his dog as his avatar -- he can't be more than half-bad, lol.

Haha, why is it dogs make everything better?

Bum without dog = no money given
Bum WITH dog = TONS OF MONEY given to him

I may just take the plunge. I'll email Totiro and see if they'll match the price. If not, then you'll see a review on the gear and his name soon.

well even if so its fake who needs head bands anyway just gets in your way and you dont fight with it

BTW, how are you Top Ten gloves holding up? That review is one of the primary reasons I'm taking the plunge on TopTen.

I've had the 10 oz for over half a year now and i use them for sparring. They look almost brand new but i always make sure not to hit the bag or the mitts with them because those Top Tens are specifically for sparring and sparring only.

Back