Does this cluster**** at HW pretty much confirm Stipe’s career is over?

Dana isn't low balling Francis. Francis signed a contract and probably wants more than what he signed for in his contract.

Stipe probably fights a few more time. He make 500-750K per fight or whatever. He might as well take 6 more fights and then retire.

Or he could just take a non-title fight, which he hasn’t done in over 5 years despite being ktfo twice in that span

I mean Stipe is a great fighter and all but he shouldn’t be above taking non-title fights lol

not at HW, no. there are no skilled guys at HW as well-rounded as stipe is. he could probably stay competitive in the top ten til he's 45. and he stands a chance at beating ngannou in the rubber match, if he can figure out a way to get through the first few rounds and tire him out.

Stipe vs Blaydes makes sense. #1 vs #4 and both coming off a loss.

Most people are won over by Stipe’s mumbling. The process of interpreting the words mumbled creates a significant bonding between Stipe and the fans. I am surprised that so few fighters engage in charismatic mumbling. It is truly a way to win fans over.
He sounds like chuck Liddell or stone cold steve austin

Stipe is about to turn 39. He’s been in the game a long time and been KO’d 2 of his last 4. So it’s not like he has years left to just chill out and improve.

But because Dana is lowballing Francis we have an interim title fight. Then after that we will have Francis vs. the winner of that. God only knows when that will take place with how hard coming to terms will be. Then after that, we still have Jon Jones trying to get a title fight sometime next year.

So is Stipe really about to sit out and wait for 3 more heavyweight title fights before he gets a rematch? It hurts my heart to think of a 40+ Stipe getting fed to an elite KO artist.

He already got one instant rematch after DC flatlined him, he should take a contender fight.

I doubt Miocic gets the Cormier treatment of waiting it out for an immediate rematch return with Ngannou.

All stipe needs is ngannou or the interim champ to get into one contract dispute with the ufc and he's back in.

Like others said already, I dont think he minds taking a year or 18 months off

Dana doesnt like him, He is super inactive and he just got murked by Francis. What do you expect?
I would expect that the head of the promotion be business professional, so who's in the popular kids' club shouldn't be a factor.

But we know it is with Dana, so it's not a knock on you for acknowledging it, but you asked what people expect.

I would expect that the head of the promotion be business professional, so who's in the popular kids' club shouldn't be a factor.

But we know it is with Dana, so it's not a knock on you for acknowledging it, but you asked what people expect.
Yeah you answered yourself :D

Ive been saying this for years now.

Gane vs BB will be only the second title fight since 2016 without Stipe. I prefer him vs Blaydes or Volkov before a title shot.

Stipe didnt want to do any favors for the UFC and despite that they still gave him an instant rematch against DC. It's not that they hate him but he's basically 40 years old, constantly demanding money and yet again demanding another instant tile shot.

He's overvaluing himself

Last edited:
The question shouldn't be if his career is over. The question should be does he accept he will no longer be champion and that he's just fighting for the love of the game or a paycheck.

The odds he wins many more fights are slim.

If he wants to just fight to compete or for money then all the power to him. But I see him losing to most of the top ten at HW.

whos fighting for the interm against bb? i've no clue...

Anyone can get ko'd by Ngannou. If anyone deserves a 3rd match , it's Stipe. The way he methodically beat DC in their 2nd fight was pure skill. I still think Stipe's the best and would like to see him go up against the shoe drinker since both like to stand after he beats Ngannou in a rematch.

Someone said he is having another kid so that's probably a huge factor. Stipe has never wilted under the pressure from the UFC and he's a real life superhero (firemen/firepeople for the win!)... so just keep waiting and give him the Jones fight and he can retire from MMA is what I want to happen.

Jones vs Stipe is the right matchup for both. Jones doesn’t want to test the waters with the big fellas with ko power. He would’ve fought already if Stipe was still champ. Fight earns a title shot for either guy. Also a nice payday for Stipe if this is it for him as well.

Dana isn't low balling Francis. Francis signed a contract and probably wants more than what he signed for in his contract.

Stipe probably fights a few more time. He make 500-750K per fight or whatever. He might as well take 6 more fights and then retire.
Sure he is. When you become champ, you no longer get paid at the regular schmoe rate. Each championship event gets negotiated. Dana is trying to lowball him, for sure.
That's what he does. That's all he does.

Back