Does this cluster**** at HW pretty much confirm Stipe’s career is over?

PlasticFishBowl

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Stipe is about to turn 39. He’s been in the game a long time and been KO’d 2 of his last 4. So it’s not like he has years left to just chill out and improve.

But because Dana is lowballing Francis we have an interim title fight. Then after that we will have Francis vs. the winner of that. God only knows when that will take place with how hard coming to terms will be. Then after that, we still have Jon Jones trying to get a title fight sometime next year.

So is Stipe really about to sit out and wait for 3 more heavyweight title fights before he gets a rematch? It hurts my heart to think of a 40+ Stipe getting fed to an elite KO artist.

Stipe is about to turn 39. He’s been in the game a long time and been KO’d 2 of his last 4. So it’s not like he has years left to just chill out and improve.

But because Dana is lowballing Francis we have an interim title fight. Then after that we will have Francis vs. the winner of that. God only knows when that will take place with how hard coming to terms will be. Then after that, we still have Jon Jones trying to get a title fight sometime next year.

So is Stipe really about to sit out and wait for 3 more heavyweight title fights before he gets a rematch? It hurts my heart to think of a 40+ Stipe getting fed to an elite KO artist.
Stipe was really inactive to begin with, so it's not a big change now. Presumably he wants time off after Ngannou murdered him.

It would be a perfect opportunity for Stipe vs Jones. Unfortunately, Jones doesn’t seem to be in any hurry to fight either.
Stipe will most likely have to take a contender fight, which I think is fair. Stipe said he wants another shot at Francis, but I don’t recall him asking for a instant rematch. Blaydes or Volkov towards the end of the year would work and be fresh matchups.

Dana’s playing hardball with some of the top names at HW, and I don’t think he and Stipe have a great relationship to begin with, so I can definitely see Stipe getting the hamster-wheel treatment as well. Considering his legacy is already set and he has another job, I would not be surprised if he doesn’t come back.

Dana doesnt like him, He is super inactive and he just got murked by Francis. What do you expect?

Stipe's taking his sweet time. Why hurry? The rest of the top dogs can just eliminate each other in the meantime while he goes about his splendid day job in Ohio. He can take the title fight anytime being the UFC HW GOAT

Stipe is too charismatic for Dana. Dana lacks charisma and he is incredibly envious of Stipe.

If Stipe is so charismatic how did he get cucked by a bantamweight?
Most people are won over by Stipe’s mumbling. The process of interpreting the words mumbled creates a significant bonding between Stipe and the fans. I am surprised that so few fighters engage in charismatic mumbling. It is truly a way to win fans over.

Last edited:
I wouldnt be supprised if Stipe is holding out for a fight with Jones, Jon not wanting to face Ngannou opens the door for him facing someone else at HW and Stipe did seem like his target previously.

Stipe is almost 40 and has been KOd twice in his past 4, safe to say he’s on the tail end of it. This sport does not end well for fighters who get KOd late in their career.

The only thing that benefits Stipe is that he takes so long in between fights it gives his chin a chance to rest, but it’s still not good enough. He should hang them up honestly and retire as the greatest UFC HW of all time, for now anyways.

If he does fight you should be hoping that he takes at least a year off, he needs time to recover from that vicious KO. If he fights again against anyone elite in the next 6 months he’s going to get KOd guaranteed.

Stipe should fight someone else. He's only fought two active UFC fighters, Ngannou and Arlovski.

With his son due to be born in a month or less he ain't hurrying to get back into a fight camp. But another kid to fund a future for is a powerful argument for not standing on the sidelines too long...

What is more worrisome to me than the logjam per se is that Stipe answered an Instagram comment asking when he'd be fighting again with "When Dana stops playing games." Though I'm sure he didn't mean it as such, that's a phrase that could be considered the equivalent of "when pigs fly."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back