Does Thiago Santos deserve a rematch when he comes back?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Or does he need to fight again?

I honestly could see the scoring going in his favor if not a draw.

He really was the first person to calf kick and expose Jones’ boney legs as a weak point.

Assuming Bones gets past Reyes, I think he deserves one.

Yes, unless Jones finally grows the balls to move to HW

He really was the first person to calf kick and expose Jones’ boney legs as a weak point.

I’m a strong advocate of making guys off a loss and a big injury take a tune up fight at minimum. More for their sake than anyone else’s

Yes hopefully he gets bionic knees so he can wreck the pico man.

If Jones gets past Reyes there's basicaly no contender left so i would say yes. I do however think that a rematch between them wouldn't be very competitive. Sure, Thiago is a dangerous striker and their first fight was close on the scorecards. But Jones seemed to be in cruise control the entire fight and didn't even try to implement his wrestling. I guess he thought that he was further ahead than he was and was just content with having a striking match. Maybe Jones most uneventful fight.

I’m ok with it. Jon always does better in rematches anyway.

No need for a rematch, he'll be facing off against Reyes for the belt.

<seedat>

willing for an acct ban bet here who has balls bigger than jon jones if jones and santos got a rematch

Obviously not? Use common sense buddeh too many treeezzz

If Jones gets past Reyes there's basicaly no contender left so i would say yes. I do however think that a rematch between them wouldn't be very competitive. Sure, Thiago is a dangerous striker and their first fight was close on the scorecards. But Jones seemed to be in cruise control the entire fight and didn't even try to implement his wrestling. I guess he thought that he was further ahead than he was and was just content with having a striking match. Maybe Jones most uneventful fight.
I think Thiago deserves a bit more credit than that. Jones certainly wasn't relaxing all fight and he was able to brutalize Jones with kicks and in the pocket. The OSP fight fits your description more.

No the gaps been too much. They can give him a Luke rockhold or the Chris type to build momentum again.

He should fight one top contender and then get a title shot it he wins. Anderson / Blachowicz winner should be next in line (assuming Jones beats Reyes) so I don't think Santos will be getting slotted in for a title shot until late 2020 / early 2021 at the earliest.

It was a split decision (I thought he won) so he absolutely deserves a rematch. When it's that close, with the injury he had, I can see no reason why they wouldn't give him a shot. Definitely more intriguing than Jones v Corey Anderson.

Nah, he didnt do shit that whole fight. Unfortunate about his knee tho.

I think Thiago deserves a bit more credit than that. Jones certainly wasn't relaxing all fight and he was able to brutalize Jones with kicks and in the pocket. The OSP fight fits your description more.

Not trying to discredit Thiago, he is certaintly a dangerous striker and landed some hard kicks on Jones. But I think it was wierd that Jones didn't even try to use his wrestling. My guess is that he thought that he was clearly winning the standup battle.

No. I just hope he's back to normal . The division is shallow, so two wins should be enough.

Usually no, but in this case yes... Whos next after reyes if he gets thru him? It was a very close sd too

Let him rematch Smith. They both moved up from MW and lost to Jones.

Back