Does the UFC want Khabib-Ferguson to happen?

Cute.

TS is working with the inaccurate assumption that UFC can "make" them fight in 8 weeks. Therefore, by this idiotic rationale, there must be a hidden conspiratorial reason why the fight is not in 8 weeks.

That's some serious white belt lack of knowledge/insight going on right there.

They're signed to fight before Ramadan. Just be happy the fight wasn't put off until August or October.

Last edited:
2-2

Lets only focus on Tony though, right? Did the UFC hire someone to force-feed Khabib tiramisu?
You misunderstood. I wasn't talking about the past, I was talking about the present.

Meaning the ufc hired cable guys and 'live in you wall' guys to make tony pull out so they could make connor vs khabib 2.

If Tony would beat Khabib I think him fighting Conor would make basically just as much $. And Tony is tough, but Conor has a much better chance of landing something big against him than he does Khabib.
Only issue is Conor/ Masvidal sales but if Conor loses then the fight with Khabib/Tony wouldn't seem to happen.

Put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if Mas sits back while Conor cruises against him to a decision....

Khabib won the belt against the only guy willing to fight him since Tony wasn’t. The guy that Khabib beat for his belt was better than the guy Tony beat for his fake belt and proved it twice. As far as beating a guy with twelve losses ....that is the caliber of fighter that Tony has been fighting the last couple of years but since he beat both of the bums Tony fought he is obviously a step up. Haha

Nate has one win by decision over a guy Tony lost to by decision 8 years ago in Tony's last loss.

Tony has wins over multiple guys that beat Nate (including a guy who stopped Nate and would have beaten him completely unconscious if not for Nate's bro looking out for his well being).

So yeah...we already know Tony is better than Nate. And while Nate is winning decisions over guys like Pettis and Cerrone, Tony is stopping them.

'Nuff said homie Haha

I think the 5 month delay is so they can market it for Conor if one of the guys pull out early enough. If I remember correctly tony is not a fan of short notice fights, he’d be especially hesitant since it’s a completely different style matchup as well.

I think the 5 month delay is so they can market it for Conor if one of the guys pull out early enough. If I remember correctly tony is not a fan of short notice fights, he’d be especially hesitant since it’s a completely different style matchup as well.
So many things could have gone into it.

Khabib certainly sounded like he had a lot going on, and was in no hurry.

And as you say, Tony likes longer camps.

UFC is just happy a deal got done, I'm sure.

All fans wanted this fight. We got this fight. Some fans still trying to find reasons to be unhappy about it. Go figure.

Nate has one win by decision over a guy Tony lost to by decision 8 years ago in Tony's last loss.

Tony has wins over multiple guys that beat Nate (including a guy who stopped Nate and would have beaten him completely unconscious if not for Nate's bro looking out for his well being).

So yeah...we already know Tony is better than Nate. And while Nate is winning decisions over guys like Pettis and Cerrone, Tony is stopping them.

'Nuff said homie Haha
I like the Homie part that was very 209 of you. I didn’t mention Tony’s loss or MJ . I did reference that Nate beat the last couple of guys Tony beat implying that he he is a step up in competition but as we both agree a long way from the top but we both know Tony doesn’t want a fighter without double digit losses.

I like the Homie part that was very 209 of you. I didn’t mention Tony’s loss or MJ . I did reference that Nate beat the last couple of guys Tony beat implying that he he is a step up in competition but as we both agree a long way from the top but we both know Tony doesn’t want a fighter without double digit losses.

But Khabib has zero losses and that's who Tony is scheduled to fight. And has signed on 4 times previously to fight. And yeah they've each had to pull out twice but it's kinda obvious they both want to fight each other.

So when this fight happens, whoever wins, I guess at least you don't get to say that Tony doesn't want to fight good competition...

I knew you'd like the "homie" part, everyone has to like the Diaz bros at least a LITTLE ha ha.<209Bitch>

I'm sure they still want this fight to go down.

It even eliminates a possible potential match up for Conor as well in the loser.

If this is a serious question, then I'l give you the benefit of the doubt that this is not you at your best.

But Khabib has zero losses and that's who Tony is scheduled to fight. And has signed on 4 times previously to fight. And yeah they've each had to pull out twice but it's kinda obvious they both want to fight each other.

So when this fight happens, whoever wins, I guess at least you don't get to say that Tony doesn't want to fight good competition...

I knew you'd like the "homie" part, everyone has to like the Diaz bros at least a LITTLE ha ha.<209Bitch>
Referencing Nate you know what I am going to say when Khabib beats Tony “ I ain’t surprised ......”

Referencing Nate you know what I am going to say when Khabib beats Tony “ I ain’t surprised ......”

IF he beats Tony then yeah of course. But again, as long as Tony shows up (which he will) your narrative of him not wanting tough fights dies. Unless...you don't think Khabib is good competition? <{yearp}>

Of course they do, and they want whoever wins to be injured so they can set up and immediate fight with Conor shortly thereafter.

IF he beats Tony then yeah of course. But again, as long as Tony shows up (which he will) your narrative of him not wanting tough fights dies. Unless...you don't think Khabib is good competition? <{yearp}>
If Tony shows up, then he is finally stepping up. He will not be fighting a broken or past prime fighter for a change and IMO he will be fighting a guy with a stronger will than his own. We don’t know who wins for sure but if you have been betting on Khabib the entire time then you are doing quite well my friend.

Only if the matches is more favorable for Conor.

Serious question....

They have been scheduled to fight four times. Both guys have pulled out twice. They have undergone 4 camps to face each other. I have a brilliant idea, let's schedule it for a fifth time and give them a 5 month camp to get injured. Why not have them fight on an 8 week camp like Colby-Usman? It would serve well to keep both guys fresh and away from overtraining injuries.

Unless of course, the UFC wants one of them to get injured so Conor step in and save the day. Of course, the flaw here is that for a Conor fight, they wouldn't have as much time to promote it. This seems like an iffy idea. Unless they have an idea to circumvent it. So if this is the case the UFC will make a push to keep Conor's name in the media over the next month or two before UFC 249. We may even expect Conor to act out and do something crazy in order to garner attention ahead of him stepping in.
Longer camp != Greater chance of injury

Gives UFC more chance to figure out the best step for the LW championship as well, which is their biggest money maker right now.

They're not making this fight for the umpteenth time if they don't want it to happen, c'mon now.

If Tony shows up, then he is finally stepping up. He will not be fighting a broken or past prime fighter for a change and IMO he will be fighting a guy with a stronger will than his own. We don’t know who wins for sure but if you have been betting on Khabib the entire time then you are doing quite well my friend.

If you've been betting on either of them you are doing well. If you started betting on Khabib when he entered the UFC (because you'd never get betting lines on those Russian fights vs cab drivers) you'd have won every bet on both Tony and Khabib. The last time Tony lost, Khabib wasn't even in the UFC yet.

If you've been betting on either of them you are doing well. If you started betting on Khabib when he entered the UFC (because you'd never get betting lines on those Russian fights vs cab drivers) you'd have won every bet on both Tony and Khabib. The last time Tony lost, Khabib wasn't even in the UFC yet.
Wrong again my friend. Tony got beat up AFTER Khabib started fighting in the UFC. I guess those Russian Taxi Cab drivers are tougher than you thought because he sure put a beating on the guy that beat Tony.

If Khabib beats Ferg, his stock will only rise.
Conor vs Khabib 2 would be even bigger.

The only caveat is if Ferguson wins, but they could sell that fight too and still possibly do Conor Khabib 2 down the road.

Let's not forget Khabib vs Ferguson will probably sell well.
I'd say Yes, they want it to happen, but they want. Khabib to win.

Back