Does the UFC want Khabib-Ferguson to happen?

Serious question....

They have been scheduled to fight four times. Both guys have pulled out twice. They have undergone 4 camps to face each other. I have a brilliant idea, let's schedule it for a fifth time and give them a 5 month camp to get injured. Why not have them fight on an 8 week camp like Colby-Usman? It would serve well to keep both guys fresh and away from overtraining injuries.

Unless of course, the UFC wants one of them to get injured so Conor step in and save the day. Of course, the flaw here is that for a Conor fight, they wouldn't have as much time to promote it. This seems like an iffy idea. Unless they have an idea to circumvent it. So if this is the case the UFC will make a push to keep Conor's name in the media over the next month or two before UFC 249. We may even expect Conor to act out and do something crazy in order to garner attention ahead of him stepping in.

The reason this fight isn't happening sooner has been talked about endlessly. Khabib will not fight in Vegas and did not want to fight before March.

Last edited:
Yeah, but there is a huge "if" here.

If Conor loses his next fight, it will be a tough sell to have him fight for the title again. Khabib and Conor both have to win for that rematch to even begin to make sense. Conor is riding high off of beating Cowboy, and if Ferguson pulls out now, the rematch is guaranteed. If Khabib pulls out, Conor gets a title shot against Tony and guaranteed the UFC makes a belt for that fight. He would have an opportunity to win the belt, and if he wins, a rematch with Khabib.

You could argue that the best case scenario for the UFC is Tony pulling out because it secures the rematch. Otherwise, they both (khabib and Conor) will have to win a difficult matchup in order to cash in.

Masvidal is definitely a money fight, but not on the level of the rematch. Also, any logical human should be skeptical of Conor's chances. That doesn't exactly play well in the long-game if he gets baptized.
Maybe Interim belt but zero percent they strip the most dominant champ in MMA particularly when it was Tony who pulled out the last time.

This is silly. Of course they want it to happen. It will sell, and they can set up Conor for the next title shot potentially.

They'll just make sure that if Conor does take a fight before then, it's at 170 again so if he loses they can say "well that was up a weight class from his natural one".
True , if Tony doesn’t show they can throw Cowboy in there as he keeps fighting and losing to top 5’s you might as welll go all the way up the ladder. Haha

True , if Tony doesn’t show they can throw Cowboy in there as he keeps fighting and losing to top 5’s you might as welll go all the way up the ladder. Haha

What if Khabib doesn't show? Tony vs Cowboy for the interim belt?;)

If Tony got hurt, you guys are really making some big assumptions that Khabib's camp is bluffing about Conor needing to earn his way back.

I'm not saying I know for sure that they'd decline it and force Dana to choose, but nor would I be conf8the other way either.

I doubt the UFC wants Tony to get injured only to have Khabib dig his heels in and give the middle finger to Conor and decline that fight. Then they've lost out on both Tony/Khabib (which WILL sell) AND Conor in the title fight.

If Khabib got injured I think they'd be okay with it because they'd make Tony vs Conor for the interim title. Then you either have Tony vs Khabib still a go after Ramadan or whenever, or you have the UFC with even more leverage to make Khabib accept the Conor fight in the fall.

I guess for the UFC the best scenario would be if Khabib pulled, Conor stepped in to fight Ferguson and beat him. If this happens, McGregor’s stock will rise through the roof and Khabib will have no other choice than to accept a rematch.

I guess for the UFC the best scenario would be if Khabib pulled, Conor stepped in to fight Ferguson and beat him. If this happens, McGregor’s stock will rise through the roof and Khabib will have no other choice than to accept a rematch.

That is absolutely what Dana would love.

Khabib beats either, so no big deal.

Why not, Cowboy is always a top competitor when he faces Tony and a can when he faces any real top 5.

Tony just has good timing. Lucked into facing the Cowboy coming off 3 straight wins instead of the one coming off back to back losses where he got stopped.

Of course they do. If Khabib wins,it makes the eventual Conor fight that much bigger.
If Khabib loses,they are more likely to get the Conor rematch because Khabib has less options without the belt,and it evens things out.

Tony just has good timing. Lucked into facing the Cowboy coming off 3 straight wins instead of the one coming off back to back losses where he got stopped.
Tony fought Cowboy after he beat 3 guys below his level and then fought 3 way above his level. Tony can fight Nate for a interim belt which Tony might win at 155 (not at 170) but Tony for sure won’t be able to sucker punch a real “G” after the bell though...so maybe not.

afa20089fc7f336a53b868f2bcf8e2a9.jpg
I always push the like button when I see this.
this picture just tells us the whole story

Serious question....

They have been scheduled to fight four times. Both guys have pulled out twice. They have undergone 4 camps to face each other. I have a brilliant idea, let's schedule it for a fifth time and give them a 5 month camp to get injured. Why not have them fight on an 8 week camp like Colby-Usman? It would serve well to keep both guys fresh and away from overtraining injuries.

Unless of course, the UFC wants one of them to get injured so Conor step in and save the day. Of course, the flaw here is that for a Conor fight, they wouldn't have as much time to promote it. This seems like an iffy idea. Unless they have an idea to circumvent it. So if this is the case the UFC will make a push to keep Conor's name in the media over the next month or two before UFC 249. We may even expect Conor to act out and do something crazy in order to garner attention ahead of him stepping in.

ufc doesnt care cause khabib vs conor 2 title or no title is the biggest fight in ufc history.

Tony fought Cowboy after he beat 3 guys below his level and then fought 3 way above his level. Tony can fight Nate for a interim belt which Tony might win at 155 (not at 170) but Tony for sure won’t be able to sucker punch a real “G” after the bell though...so maybe not.

Wow that's not really cool to call Khabib a bum for winning his belt by decision against a guy below the level of Cowboy. Have a bit more respect for the champ!:cool:

Nate the "real G" Diaz with his 12 losses...hmm. Was Nate a "real G" when his bro was desperately throwing the towel in to save him when the Punk almost kicked his head off and was teeing off with Nate just turtling up and waiting for the ref to save him?

Yeah...I think Tony would be just fine at any weight versus THAT "real G"...

Wow that's not really cool to call Khabib a bum for winning his belt by decision against a guy below the level of Cowboy. Have a bit more respect for the champ!:cool:

Nate the "real G" Diaz with his 12 losses...hmm. Was Nate a "real G" when his bro was desperately throwing the towel in to save him when the Punk almost kicked his head off and was teeing off with Nate just turtling up and waiting for the ref to save him?

Yeah...I think Tony would be just fine at any weight versus THAT "real G"...
Khabib won the belt against the only guy willing to fight him since Tony wasn’t. The guy that Khabib beat for his belt was better than the guy Tony beat for his fake belt and proved it twice. As far as beating a guy with twelve losses ....that is the caliber of fighter that Tony has been fighting the last couple of years but since he beat both of the bums Tony fought he is obviously a step up. Haha

They are looking any reason for a Khabib Connor rematch, so no the UFC does not want this fight to happen.
They purposely hired people to put cables and wires in front of tony, wherever he walked. They hired another guy to live in his walls and scare him at night. The ufc is really underhanded, but what can you do? Good money is good money, you gotta do what you gotta do.

They purposely hired people to put cables and wires in front of tony, wherever he walked. They hired another guy to live in his walls and scare him at night. The ufc is really underhanded, but what can you do? Good money is good money, you gotta do what you gotta do.

2-2

Lets only focus on Tony though, right? Did the UFC hire someone to force-feed Khabib tiramisu?

Back