Does the UFC miss Rampage?

Other than the Wand KO, did he ever have a good UFC fight???

I watched the free Brown v. Silva event, and every fight I watched was better than a Rampage UFC fight.

At least someone else has to deal with his bi-polar disorder now.

Well, he ko'd Chuck at the height of his popularity, in the UFC. He also won competitive decisions against Hendo and Chida. Even though he lost, the Griifin fight was still fun, and could have gone either way. As far the Evans fight, at least Page tried to make it a fight. Not a fan of the guy, but he's def had his share of moments with teh UFC.

I watched the free Brown v. Silva event, and every fight I watched was better than a Rampage UFC fight.

What? What was wrong with the Marvin Eastman fight? Or the Liddell fight? Rashad and Lyoto were genuinely scared of his KO power so they both decided to turn those fights into snoozefests. Not Rampage's fault.

Na I dont think the UFC miss him he was probably a headache for them at the end.

Rampage going to bellator was a great thing for the organisation. They need an outspoken character to get the bellator name out there. Rampage might be fringe top ten and well outta his prime but every fight he has a red hot crack and wants to knock his opponent out.

Always a fan of rampage, never rooted against him.

He's old, but none the less, an mma legend

Time to move on for Rampage. He was at war with the UFC, bad attitude... not always motivated. Bad example.

I like what GSP did though we all know he is flush. He simply backed off as his head is somewhere else.

That's what guys should do sometimes. Time for some new blood. Enough old farts in the division. Bring some more Russians and Brazilians if you can...

Please see the Liddell fight, the Eastman fight, and the Hendo fight...

Towards the end of his time in the UFC I don't think he was putting many asses into seats. All UFC could do with him is have him fight shogun or hendo on a fox card.

UFC would be offering him a paycut with nothing in return while Bellator is more willing to give him the best deal they can because he is their biggest star. He might be getting points or merchandise over there.

As much as I don't like Rampages bitching. He is an old school fighter. I respect that about him and he is entertaining. Im sure the UFC misses him.

Rampage was the man but he got his ass handed to him by Glover and Bader. He will fight in small promotions against b or c level guys and then leave. He has all the right to do it, he proved to be one of the best for years.

No, Rampage is way past his prime. He doesn't really care anymore. He still refuses to try to wrestle and just wants to only use his stand up game.

I do think they miss him a little, however difficult he might have been to deal with. The UFC basically bought the WFA to acquire Rampage after he left Pride. In Pride he was an exciting power wrestler/brawler who was a compelling personality (if at times offensive.) He had some fire at the beginning of his UFC career, but he seemed to plateau quickly and actually regress as a fighter. His truck incident and his feelings of being betrayed by Juanito caused him to lose a step, and then finding out that being a pretty one dimensional boxer in a league full of wrestlers and quick strikers pretty much put out the flames of effort from him. Then just came the excuses and complaints, warranted or not, which didnt help his stock with his bosses or the fans.
The UFC stuck by Rampage through a lot of public embarrassment because they had a soft spot for him, like they do for Nick Diaz and for a long time did with Tito Ortiz, who are all great personalities and inconsistent fighters. Dana White and the Fertittas seem to really give that type of personality a lot of leeway and extra chances.

Short answer: yes, they might probably miss him, but more than likely are happy not to deal with him at this point in his career.

Please see the Liddell fight, the Eastman fight, and the Hendo fight...

I've seen them, but just to br fair, I'll pull them up on fightpass.

I don't consider a win over chuck a big deal when his chin took the kids an ran off.

as much as they miss Tito.

No I don't think he's nearly the draw he used to be. The hardcore fans are over him. He's just not the same guy he used to be. It's been a long time removed from the Arona Slam, the feud with Chute Boxe, and even The KO of the iceman. 10 years ago Rampage was the ticket, now not so much. I truly believe that he lost a bit of his love after Pride folded. Bellator is trying to inject some life back into his career and that's cool. Glad to see Page strong together some wins. I'd lick to see him take the strap from Newton. But the appeal just isn't there like it used to be. He still has his fans but like I said most hardcore fans have moved on and the casuals and newbies are more familiar with guys like Jones, GSP, Aldo, I would say Cain but he hasn't been that active the last few years.

I've seen them, but just to br fair, I'll pull them up on fightpass.

I don't consider a win over chuck a big deal when his chin took the kids an ran off.

He KOed Chuck when Chuck was the 4 time defending LHW champ coming off the best year of his career. Chucks chin was ruined because of the Rampage fight

Ufc doesn't really miss rampage, but they definitely need people like rampage. People like Rampage gives a lot of entertainment.

Was so fun watching him, hated his constant whinging and complaining I'm interviews.
I think most people nailed it here saying that the UFC misses him for his drawing power and a big name but I bet they don't miss the whinging and complaining

If he could barely beat Mo Lawal, definitely not. UFC doesn't need him..Way past his prime.. They have Glover Texeria, a better version of Rampage.

Back