Does the UFC Even Censor On-Screen Pop Up Tweets?

Pretty hilarious, Ike Vallie Flagg was able to sneak this bad boy through. I wonder what other gems we’ve gotten on screen

Seems silly to allow these when it’s clearly not a priority to make the content important.

Didn't they show a 5 year old tweet from Bjorn Rebney as well?

I tune them out rather well - I usually catch them more on Twitter/PBP caps...

I dislike the waste a muh screen space but meh...

They need to get rid of tweets. It’s 100% pointless and adds nothing.
They need to stop censoring fighters. This isn’t North Korea.
UFC should drop ESPN IMO , but sadly it helps “legitimize” the sport.

Lol they're all owned by Disney now, not North Korea, just China to appease

If I wanted to read a bunch of moronic nonsense during the fights I would follow Twitter on my phone. The onscreen tweets are very distracting and only shows how desperate and pathetic the UFC is to be in the social media hipster cool scene.

F****** those stupid tweets.

I might be one of the few people who isn't bothered by this at all.

They should if they at least intend to be consistent. And that one's way easier to censor as it's written word

They make room to post this bullshit but they can't be arsed to show most fighter's footwork and often stick to a single point of view on one specific fighter especially if they look better on TV. The more I rewatch some fights the more I notice this.

I get it some jacked dude looks ripped and has model like qualities and their opponent looks like a caveman and isn't as good TV for the wine moms and narcissistic celebs watching this shit. I just want to see what the fuck each fighter is trying to do and why, not use the content to jack off to.

<Prem972>

Pretty insightful and there's a lot value in place of taking attention from the fight and fight real estate on screen like this one from fat Joe on the first Masvidal vs Usman.
Screenshot_20210920-234131.png

Disappointed with lack of screenshots of actual tweets.

They need to get rid of tweets. It’s 100% pointless and adds nothing.
They need to stop censoring fighters. This isn’t North Korea.
UFC should drop ESPN IMO , but sadly it helps “legitimize” the sport.
Idk bout the censoring part man in America it’s been customary to censor bad language.

I mean the Christians got mad at Johnny cash for using the word bitch and hell on his records. Also got in trouble for saying it in his tv show.

The pop ups are such a stupid, unnecessary distraction... If I cared what some assholes thought about anything I'd seek it out, there's a reason I don't...

So why are they picking tweets about a praying mantis
Whoever was in charge of picking tweets that day probably thought it would be funny to put up a random tweet instead of the standard 10-9 last round.

I might be one of the few people who isn't bothered by this at all.
I doubt they are really bothered. Since the advent of social media it's become the world's favorite pastime to look for things to try to be offended by or to complain about.

Back