Does the UFC Even Censor On-Screen Pop Up Tweets?

They pick and choose the tweets that get displayed dumbasses.

Nobody's sneaking anything by anybody

So why are they picking tweets about a praying mantis

To make it go viral. For example, somebody posts it on twitter and then it gets spread to places like message boards a year after the fact. I know many people here don't think these tweets mean anything but try telling that to my better half who doesn't give 2 shits about fighting but loves to see that "so and so watches UFC too?!"

This information is more useful than how Zayn from One Direction scored a round

At least Issac is a Fighter but who the fuck is Ryan Federicuck??

I do find them annoying, they just take up real estate when you just want to watch the fight but Adesanyas tweets when it all first started made me laugh.
Something along the lines of 'Just tweeting this to see if it comes up on tv'.
'yay! It worked! '.

Reactions: z99
Can’t they just have the tweets between rounds?

Sometimes I like the scoring ones, cause sometimes I want to know how other people saw a close round. However, the commentating team always stops whatever conversation they are on to address it and argue whether it’s right/wrong. Which I don’t really need. I’d rather they just keep covering the fight
I feel like Bisping would do that

They need to get rid of tweets. It’s 100% pointless and adds nothing.
They need to stop censoring fighters. This isn’t North Korea.
UFC should drop ESPN IMO , but sadly it helps “legitimize” the sport.
So u want them to both get rid of tweets and also not censor......

So u want them to both get rid of tweets and also not censor......
Yes…
That’s not irony if that’s what you’re looking for …

Tweets aren’t (shouldn’t) be deleted on TWITTER. We are watching the UFC, not Twitter. We don’t need tweets.
The fighters in the UFC should not be censored.

make sense?

If it’s a PPV, it should not be censored.
PPVs are broadcast in TV in some international markets. I get where you're coming from, but not censoring some broadcasts and censoring some is just extra production work from the UFC's perspective I'm guessing.

Back