Does the simulation universe theory make you act different?

Gorillas are not some mythical immortal creature. They are just really, really strong hairy humans with low IQs.

We know bullets can easily kill them. I dont know why some of you think it's such a reach that a human can kill them with other tools, such as a fucking heavy piece of metal bat.

Blunt force trauma can still kill them

I cant speak on parallel simulations...I suppose any and everything is possible in other versions of this universe. in the one "I" or at least what I know to be me right here right now exist in currently, its in my driveway.
Are you sure you’re not glitching and imagining things?

I think you need to post a pic to verify that you are not glitching.

Nope, simply because my car is very unique to me and would immediately link my sherdog account to who I am IRL

Why don't you post your social security card?

Fuck, man. I know I lag spike sometimes during the day.

Sometimes I spend too long thinking about the nature of reality. The universe we exist in, and life its self seems too random and bizarre, yet complex and beautiful. I convince myself that we must be living in some kind of "simulation." Now I dont know if this is a simulation literally in a supercomputer made by some higher beings, or if we are a simulation, inside a simulation, inside a simulation, inside a simulation, etc.... made by.........maybe us. As in a more advance version of humans, thats eventually start up a simulation to see how the universe unfolded. Maybe we are us, observing ourselves......and everything else in the universe.

idk man
At times. Depends on how you look at it. Life can be a fun video game or an empty existential crisis. I'm still trying to find a balance myself.

Send me a pm?
I dont know you.....why would I be more at ease revealing who I am potentially to you vs everyone. For all I know you'll turn around and post it for everyone.

Or better yet you may just say it's a friends, relatives, rental, whatever

I dont know you.....why would I be more at ease revealing who I am potentially to you vs everyone. For all I know you'll turn around and post it for everyone.

Or better yet you may just say it's a friends, relatives, rental, whatever
I just enjoy cars. Just wanted to see the Evo. I’m not interested in exposing your identity.

And how is me not believing it’s yours better than revealing who you are? Lol.

I just enjoy cars. Just wanted to see the Evo. I’m not interested in exposing your identity.

And how is me not believing it’s yours better than revealing who you are? Lol.
Honestly why would I care if some dorks on the internets believe me

The simulation idea is not new and it is sort of a pet peeve of mine that people use it without realizing that Hinduism and Buddhism have thought in similar ways for a very long time and I think also have really good insight into the nature of the "Illusion" of this reality.

That aside I have known many people who truly and completely believe that this world is an illusion that we ourselves are dreaming right now. They believe that we are extremely powerful eternal beings but have fallen asleep and are dreaming this ilusion into existence.

As far as how it effects behaviour I will share my own experine for aroun ten years where I totaly thought about life from this perspectibe. I learned it from "A Course in MIracles"

I felt intensely inspired by the fact that at any moment I might wake up and be free from this illusion and enter into infinite bliss. I often had very intense mystical experiences due to this. I did not focus on this world much and put my attention on the eternal instead. I did not focus on details, in fact details seemed a nuisance to me as none of it really mattered anyway. I was surprised at the level of complexity found in the material world in the microcosmic scale because I could not see the need to dream up that level of complexity to have this illusion. I felt no sadness whatsoever when people died because I believed they were never really alive in this world anyway as it is an illusion. I was often a bit reckless with my physical health and safety as I did not fear death in any way.

No it doesn't.

It's a cool theory, but that which can explain everything explains nothing.

@IloveTHIS

How To Live In A Simulation*
by Robin Hanson

If you might be living in a simulation then all else equal you should care less about others, live more for today, make your world look more likely to become rich, expect to and try more to participate in pivotal events, be more entertaining and praiseworthy, and keep the famous people around you happier and more interested in you.

https://www.jetpress.org/volume7/simulation.htm

Sometimes I spend too long thinking about the nature of reality. The universe we exist in, and life its self seems too random and bizarre, yet complex and beautiful. I convince myself that we must be living in some kind of "simulation." Now I dont know if this is a simulation literally in a supercomputer made by some higher beings, or if we are a simulation, inside a simulation, inside a simulation, inside a simulation, etc.... made by.........maybe us. As in a more advance version of humans, thats eventually start up a simulation to see how the universe unfolded. Maybe we are us, observing ourselves......and everything else in the universe.

idk man
If we lived in someones simulation, it still would not be a simulation to us. It would be our reality. Soooo, your talk is sort of crazy talk.

If life is the simulation, Heaven or Hell is the reality.

I dont believe u one bit on that one chief. Change my mind by sending me your bets for tomorrow

I did get all of my bets right (I only bet on the double main event, though.) I have plenty of other MMA predictions I could share with you, though. Predictions like:

-Conor and Nate's rubber match will happen later this year and be the 27th fight of Conor's pro MMA career
-Conor will destroy Floyd Mayweather inside the octagon in the year 2020. it will be the final fight of Mayweather's career
-Conor will 'retire' when he is 32
-Jon Jones will become the UFC Heavyweight Champion when he is 32
-Woodley will defeat Usman and then lose to whomever he fights next

Etc., etc.

I have many non-MMA predictions about the future as well, all you have to do is ask...

No because it has no tangible effect on anything. I've felt like reality isn't really happening on some level since I was 4 or 5 years old. But I think that's a common BPD trait.

IIRC correctly from previous conversations certain similarities we have make me think you have an undiagnosed case of BPD.

a gorilla has a skull.....metal baseball bats dont interact well with skulls when met with force. a gorilla can obviously die if its skull is cracked severely enough. hence..................
What you're missing is that part where the human body doesn't generate enough force to crack a gorillas skull, even with a blunt weapon.

Back