Does the Reebok Deal Stop McGregor from Wearing a Suit?

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
A big part of McGregor's gimmick is his fashion sense and him always attending press conferences in a tailor made suit with all the trimmings. He often cracks a few gags about 3 people dying making his watch and it cracks me up!!

Does this reebok deal mean all the fighters are Gonna have to wear some generic shitty hoody and tracksuit bottoms like something from American Gladiators???

This whole thing is just so f**king lame, I don't even know where to start ... The worse thing is it will be removing fighters' individuality.

I think they definitely could have handled the sponsorship differently.

I like the idea of being sponsored, even having everyone wear Reebok (to an extent), but they went too far.

Hell, give Reebok the center of the cage and have everyone wear Reebok shorts, even make Reebok the most prominent logo. Make Reebok gloves. But they should have let fighters walk out in their own sponsors (shirts, hats, etc.) and let them use their sponsors as smaller, secondary logos on their shorts, obviously, no competitors. Even post/pre fight press conferences, make it a rule a Reebok logo must be visible. We could have conor wearing his suits, but rocking a Reebok hat.

The deal just doesn't make sense to me.

No. If a fighter prefers to not wear the reebok gear, they can still wear suits or casual business instead (per the deal).

He'll probably show up with a custom made Reebok suit

Back