Does the loser of the Conor vs Aldo fight get a instant rematch?

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Either one wins the other has to get an instant rematch. I personally think this will be a trilogy. Whats your predictions on Conor VS Aldo?

if there is any reason to believe it would sell well, i dont see why not - they've put a lot of money into marketing it already, the posters are still all over boston from the july 4 cancelled fight - they're going to pump a lot more money into promoting this one - if conor destroys aldo then maybe not

Id love to say that it entirely depends on the outcome of their first fight, but then again Cain-Werdum II is booked.

If they do a million+ buys and it's an entertaining fight there's no reason not to, the rematch will do just as well.

Aldo should get one if he loses, no matter what. All long lasting dominant champs should. Conor should have to win another match or two unless it's a bad decision. Like Machida and Shogun 1.

If Aldo loses a close fight, yes.
Otherwise, give it to winner of Edgar/Holloway (or Edgar/Stephens)
If Aldo gets wrecked in the early rounds he should move up.

Either one wins the other has to get an instant rematch. I personally think this will be a trilogy. Whats your predictions on Conor VS Aldo?

Aldo would deserve one, if he wanted it. He is the longtime, dominant champ. Even a clear/decisive loss probably merits the offer to him, but in that case you could argue for one fight in between (based on history, ample examples that went that way).

Why would Conor deserve one though? in reality, all he is right now is the #1 contender...since when do #1 contenders deserve an instant rematch when they lose a title fight, unless the fight was controversial or incredibly close?

now...whether UFC tries to create one or not is another matter entirely, since 'merit' often does not factor into UFC matchmaking.

Highly unlikely Conor can continue to cut weight to make 145, the IV ban is a major issue.

I be surprised if Conor stays at 145 after Aldo.

Id love to say that it entirely depends on the outcome of their first fight, but then again Cain-Werdum II is booked.

Solid point.

I dislike immediate rematches, but if anyone left in the UFC deserves one it is Aldo. If Conor loses anything other than a very controversial fight, I would say he doesn't deserve one, but he likely gets it if the fight is anything close to competitive.

Not if Conor loses, why would he get a rematch?

Why would Conor need a rematch if he loses?

When aldo gets KO'd in under 3 rounds. There will be no need for a rematch. It will not be close or controversial.

If Conor loses, I think he'll be the equivalent of King Mo in Bellator. They'll keep finding ways to give him title shots and title eliminator matches.

Aldo should get one if he loses, no matter what. All long lasting dominant champs should. Conor should have to win another match or two unless it's a bad decision. Like Machida and Shogun 1.

This^^^^makes too much sense. It won't go over well here.

I think that if Conor loses he will become irrelevant. Everyone will think that he is all talk

Edgar will fight Aldo for the belt, Connor will avoid a rematch with Mendes.

Back