Does Teofimo Lopez have the style to beat Loma?

Yes and he will likely stop him, he is younger and more explosive with real power.

He is younger, yes. Maybe.
The problem might be properly hit Loma. :
Loma is most likely most experienced active boxer : pro career plus 396-1 amateur record.
& If he properly landed, of course Loma isn't from stone.

Yes, they're essentially the same size. There's a recent photo of both standing next to each other that was featured in a BoxingScene article recently. I'll try and find it. I didn't say Donaire was 137 pounds against Rigo I said Loma was that against Rigo. Pedro Diaz (Rigo's trainer at the time) said Donaire was even heavier than Loma when he fought Rigo.

Edit. From Pedro Diaz

Rigondeaux's Coach Warns: Size Won't Save Lomachenko

That's 10 pounds heavier than Donaire was against Walters at FW. In a fight where he was visibly heavier than he was against Rigondeaux. I don't believe that a SBW who consistently weighed about 128-133 during his run suddenly tacked on another 10 pounds against Rigondeaux without looking any different.

Yes and he will likely stop him, he is younger and more explosive with real power.
Bit like Canelo was younger, more explosive with real power when he fought Mayweather?

Yes, they're essentially the same size. There's a recent photo of both standing next to each other that was featured in a BoxingScene article recently. I'll try and find it. I didn't say Donaire was 137 pounds against Rigo I said Loma was that against Rigo. Pedro Diaz (Rigo's trainer at the time) said Donaire was even heavier than Loma when he fought Rigo.

Edit. From Pedro Diaz

Rigondeaux's Coach Warns: Size Won't Save Lomachenko
142? Gotta be honest

i call bs on that.

Bit like Canelo was younger, more explosive with real power when he fought Mayweather?
You cant compare Lomachenko to Mayweather. Mayweather is the master technician, Loma is not a scientific high IQ big brain boxer like Floyd the great, he is similar to a Roy jones or Pacquiao and relies on his reflexes and explosiveness, once that fades he will get lit up.

Teo will light him up trust me on this, only thing is can Teo make the weight comfortable or willit kill him and cause him to be sluggish in the fight. That is my only worry

You cant compare Lomachenko to Mayweather. Mayweather is the master technician, Loma is not a scientific high IQ big brain boxer like Floyd the great, he is similar to a Roy jones or Pacquiao and relies on his reflexes and explosiveness, once that fades he will get lit up.

Teo will light him up trust me on this, only thing is can Teo make the weight comfortable or willit kill him and cause him to be sluggish in the fight. That is my only worry
Teo is a good prospect but Loma is elite. I really hope this fight happens because quite a number of people are rating Teo as being able to beat Loma. Loma has really high ring IQ. You can see it in the way he fights. He's feels his opponents out, works out their movement and their timing and then just picks them apart. That is why so many have quit, they knew they had nothing for Loma.

Teo's best chance is his power, youth and size but he's a counter puncher which isn't good thing to be against Loma. The one time that Loma has been beaten and it was a pressure fighter who had to low blow throughout the bout to make Loma uncomfortable, that isn't Teo's style. If Teo tries to be the counterpuncher he's just going to get picked apart.

Loma is not a scientific high IQ big brain boxer
I don't agree with this statement.
If Loma wasn't smart, he didn't had even 1 st place in Ukraine, not alone 2 Gold medals at Olympics.
396 amateur boxing bouts he had won, they were not able defeat Loma.

I don't agree with this statement.
If Loma wasn't smart, he didn't had even 1 st place in Ukraine, not alone 2 Gold medals at Olympics.
396 amateur boxing bouts he had won, they were not able defeat Loma.
Yeah, that's nonsense. He has really high ring IQ. That was why he was able to completely shutdown Rigondeaux's game. You can't do that without IQ.

That's 10 pounds heavier than Donaire was against Walters at FW. In a fight where he was visibly heavier than he was against Rigondeaux. I don't believe that a SBW who consistently weighed about 128-133 during his run suddenly tacked on another 10 pounds against Rigondeaux without looking any different.
You don't believe Rigo's trainer then? Ok. He also had this to say.
Diaz points out that Lomachenko does not put on a lot of weight between the weigh-in and the night of the fight - unlike Donaire and other past Rigondeaux opponents.
^ Which wouldn't have mattered since Rigo's team had an 8 pound rehydration clause on Loma. I find it hilarious that some of you guys are still going on about Loma's size when Rigo himself said it didn't even play a factor in the fight. That and Loma is smaller than some of Rigo's past Super Bantamweight opponents.
Rigo-Opponents.png

874293513.png

142? Gotta be honest

i call bs on that.
He was Rigo's trainer/coach. Wouldn't he know that kind of stuff? I mean, what exactly would he get out of it by lying about Donaire's weight and guys like Flores?

Last edited:

^ Which wouldn't have mattered since Rigo's team had an 8 pound rehydration clause on Loma. I find it hilarious that some of you guys are still going on about Loma's size when Rigo himself said it didn't even play a factor in the fight. That and Loma is smaller than some of Rigo's past Super Bantamweight opponents.
Rigo-Opponents.png

He was Rigo's trainer/coach. Wouldn't he know that kind of stuff? I mean, what exactly would he get out of it by lying about Donaire's weight and guys like Flores?

Flores I can buy, but not Donaire. It's about 10 pounds more than he was when he was clearly fatter and at a higher weight (against Darchinyan, Vetyeka and Walters). Donaire is comfortably making BW as he's getting close to 40.

Flores I can buy, but not Donaire. It's about 10 pounds more than he was when he was clearly fatter and at a higher weight (against Darchinyan, Vetyeka and Walters). Donaire is comfortably making BW as he's getting close to 40.
And I just showed you two other Super Bantamweights that were at least as heavy as Loma (a natural FW/SFW) was against Rigo. Even if Diaz is somehow wrong Donaire's highest fight night weights on record are only a few pounds lighter than what Loma was against Rigo. Which, I don't believe Diaz is wrong, it's his responsibility to know that type of stuff as a trainer.

And I just showed you two other Super Bantamweights that were at least as heavy as Loma (a natural FW/SFW) was against Rigo. Even if Diaz is somehow wrong Donaire's highest fight night weights on record are only a few pounds lighter than what Loma was against Rigo. Which, I don't believe Diaz is wrong, it's his responsibility to know that type of stuff as a trainer.

You're arguing that Donaire and Lomachenko are the same size and that he rehydrated 20 pounds against Rigo. They currently compete in weight classes 17 pounds apart. Flores is rather different as he started his career at SFW (Donaire won his first major belt at a weight 15 pounds lower from where Flores started) and has boiled down to make the weight (and he's clearly levels below as a fighter).

Donaire's fight night weight was recorded for a lot of his SBW and FW fights. Never did it approach 140 pounds and he looked clearly lighter against Rigo than he did against the likes of Walters, Darchinyan and Vetyeka.

Rigo-Opponents.png

874293513.png

142 pounds is a ton for Donaire. That would mean he was even more heavy than he was against Walters where he was clearly way to heavy.

it doesn't make any sense. So yes I think I actually think he was trying to pump up Rigo before the fight.

You're arguing that Donaire and Lomachenko are the same size and that he rehydrated 20 pounds against Rigo. They currently compete in weight classes 17 pounds apart. Flores is rather different as he started his career at SFW (Donaire won his first major belt at a weight 15 pounds lower from where Flores started) and has boiled down to make the weight (and he's clearly levels below as a fighter).

Donaire's fight night weight was recorded for a lot of his SBW and FW fights. Never did it approach 140 pounds and he looked clearly lighter against Rigo than he did against the likes of Walters, Darchinyan and Vetyeka.
Loma and Donaire look close to the same size in a recent photo. Tons of fans noticed it, sure. When Loma was at Featherweight he only weighed a few more pounds than Donaire at his heaviest (133 from what I could find). I just posted Donaire's fight night weight from Rigo's trainer who is what anybody else would consider a reliable source for that information. Going by the eye test/conjecture is fine if no reliable source of information to contradict it is present but that's not the case here.

142 pounds is a ton for Donaire. That would mean he was even more heavy than he was against Walters where he was clearly way to heavy.

it doesn't make any sense. So yes I think I actually think he was trying to pump up Rigo before the fight.
If you think you know better than Rigondeaux's coach then that's fine. How did those other Super Bantamweights that Rigo fought look so big compared to Loma against Rigo? That doesn't make any sense either considering most consider Loma to be a natural FW or SFW. Amagasa was undoubtedly bigger in frame and heavier on fight night. He was said to have been 145 pounds against Rigo to Loma's 137 pounds. Rigo isn't obsessing over this but some of you guys are. He said Loma's size advantage didn't play a factor post-fight.

lopez struggled with nakatani,
he has that one shot power, but nothing else he does is extraordinary.
at the same time lomachenko's had problems with cambpell's size/reach.
rigondeux is not a comparison, he was way too small to even be in there with lomachenko.

lomachenko is good, but not dominant at lightweight.
will be a close fight. lomachenko may get hurt.

lopez struggled with nakatani,
he has that one shot power, but nothing else he does is extraordinary.
at the same time lomachenko's had problems with cambpell's size/reach.
rigondeux is not a comparison, he was way too small to even be in there with lomachenko.

lomachenko is good, but not dominant at lightweight.
will be a close fight. lomachenko may get hurt.

should Loma go back to 130 and just dominate their?

Back