Does Stipe regain his belt or is...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He toast? What are his chances really? What’s your mind telling you people?

He has a Stipe hill to climb.

edit 1: In other words...he will do fookin nuthin..

edit 2: wtf he’s fighting DC?? Why wasn’t this explained in the OP?

Last edited:
Stipe turns 37 two days after his fight against DC, it's definitely his last truly career defining fight. If Ngannou murders JDS like I think he will, Stipe might as well retire instead of facing that monster again. I thought Stipe would win the first fight, but I'm done picking against DC. Stipe's chin is a big question mark, I won't be surprised if he gets dropped multiple times in this fight. It should be a fun night :D

Last edited:
When a solid striker has that much of a reach/height advantage then they always have a chance

I expect more wrestling this time either way though....which would favor DC but lt could also just be pretty much shootboxing like the first fight

Stipe has a lot riding on this one. He can't lose twice to a guy on his way out of the business....it'd look real bad in the eyes of history

Stipe should win. I don't think he was prepared for Cormier's speed. He knows what to expect this time.

I'm sure the ref will put an emphasis on eyepoke issues keeping hands closed when he meets with fighters pre fight.

Yea, Stipe takes it. He's a bigger badder more athletic man.

I think Dc going to rag doll him again......only person with a shot to beat DC at heavyweight is Jones

Who knows with Cormier. Age always wins and he’s on borrowed time. All fighters eventually eat in there and just do have I if they keep fighting. When is the question and after 40 is rarely answer.

Stipe turns 37 two days after his fight against DC, it's definitely his last truly career defining fight. If Ngannou murders JDS like I think he will, Stipe might as well retire instead of facing that monster again. I predicted Stipe would win the first fight, but I'm done picking against DC. Stipe's chin is a big question mark, I won't be surprised if he gets dropped multiple times in this fight. It should be a fun night :D
37 for a HW isn't that old. DC is 40.

It's pretty funny that prior to the DC fight most people picked Stipe. And now, ever since he lost to DC, Stipe is suddenly a can and should retire. Typical Sherdog.

Yes but he's beaten everyone that matters, and DC is past his best and is wisely calling it a day after this fight.
Stipe if he wants to win, he cannot tackle with DC because that’s not his game. He has to keep him far and pick him apart

I believe he will have similar success, but DC finishes him again.

When DC retires he has a good chance, probably. With DC as champ. He has a small chance.

Miocic seems to level up after every time he loses. The Stipe who made Nelson his plaything was miles ahead of the guy who lost to Struve. The valiant but losing first effort against JDS birthed a monster that rampaged through a 6-win streak comprised of 1st round (T)KOs and prolonged sonnings. What is he going to come back like now? DC is certainly convinced that Stipe's going to be "a better version of himself." Maybe age will prevent such a quantam leap again, but at least Stipe doesn't have the injury deficit to come back from that DC has.

Last edited:
I think DC will finish Miocic again. At least DC has been active.

I think Dc going to rag doll him again......only person with a shot to beat DC at heavyweight is Jones

Rag doll? did you even watch the fight? haha lol

Stipe clearly the stronger, bigger man, outwrestling DC,
Got caught, sleep, Happens alot in HW division.

Next

37 for a HW isn't that old. DC is 40.

It's pretty funny that prior to the DC fight most people picked Stipe. And now, ever since he lost to DC, Stipe is suddenly a can and should retire. Typical Sherdog.
Not a can just inferior to Dc which was proven in the last fight

Back