Does Silva reclaim his GOAT status with a win over Weidman?

If he beats weidman definitely. Very unlikely to happen though

so basically they give silva a very winnable and marketable fight so they set up a trilogy that makes no sense whatsoever.

No, because he never had it. Sugar Ray Robinson is

SRR lost a bunch of fights at near the end of his career, he is still the goat. He has 19 losses.

If you believed he was the GOAt prior to losing to Weidman, I don't see how that could have been retroactively removed from him.

If you're goat you stay goat till someone puts together a better resume.
Just have to decide when that is.

Are you talking about MMA GOAT, MW GOAT, UFC GOAT??

If you believed he was the GOAt prior to losing to Weidman, I don't see how that could have been retroactively removed from him.

Yes. People talk crap now but I was here prior to his losses to Weidman. If you didn't think Fedor was the GOAT then you probably thought it was Anderson Silva. Some said GSP or Jon Jones but most said either Fedor or Anderson Silva.

His two losses were definitely textbook flukes. One was getting caught while clowning and the other was a freak injury that has only happened once or twice before in combat sports. Not to take anything from Weidman or say that Silva would win a rematch (especially now at his age and post-injury) but a fluke is a fluke and you don't lose GOAT status due to a fluke.

Yes. People talk crap now but I was here prior to his losses to Weidman. If you didn't think Fedor was the GOAT then you probably thought it was Anderson Silva. Some said GSP or Jon Jones but most said either Fedor or Anderson Silva.

His two losses were definitely textbook flukes. One was getting caught while clowning and the other was a freak injury that has only happened once or twice before in combat sports. Not to take anything from Weidman or say that Silva would win a rematch (especially now at his age and post-injury) but a fluke is a fluke and you don't lose GOAT status due to a fluke.

193129082d46c5ecdb9fd1cf42632ba28752019bcb663b0c02b88a1b2f4e3d44.jpg

Seriously....his "clowning" was his own choice, his tactic. His ability. He lost because he wasn't good enough to beat Weidman. Had he KO'd Weidman after that "clowning", you would have praised him and yapped about him living in the Matrix and making it look easy and that nobody is on his level. His matrix failed him. He was schooled standing and on the ground, he was taken down and dominated in both fights, and both fights he was finished standing.

Second fight he kept throwing his careless kicks. Even if his leg had stayed in one piece, he would have been finished as a result of it. He threw a stupid kick and Weidman checked it perfectly, the fight was done whether or not the leg broke. He would have been standing on one leg after that blast. And it's not because of a fluke, but because of how he chose to throw the same kick without setting it up with strikes. Weidman knew exactly what was coming, and he used it to win the fight.

You want Fantasy Silva, not real Silva who can make poor decisions in a fight.

Last edited:
Silva reclaims his GOAT status after Jones gets busted for the needle.

He's still the greatest of all time so theres nothing to regain here... Do you not understand how the concept of the GOAT works? It's not an in-the-moment thing. Its a perspective of an entire career. He lost to wideman when he was getting pretty old. Everyone gets old and their speed and body slow down. Those losses haven't dampened his legacy at all because it happens to everyone.

The way the UFC has been doing things recently, he'll have to beat him 3 times in a row for a total of 5 fights before he even gets to keep the god damned belt.

I wasn't aware that he lost his GOAT status.

All fighters eventually lose, did Ali lose his GOAT status when he lost BADLY to Larry Holmes? He was 38yo at the time, just like Anderson.

Back