Does Silva reclaim his GOAT status with a win over Weidman?

I'm not sure he lost it (debatable both ways), but if he beats him twice with at least one finish I don't see there being any question. That's a very, very hard scenario to imagine, tho

With the way the 2 losses happened, i'd say yes.

But its no like he lost that GOAT status, he would just avenge his biggest loss and go out like a champion.

Reclaim?

He has too many bad losses to be considered as the GOAT.

He never lost it. Although Jones is probably a big win away from it, so beating Chris would give him some breathing room.

That would be pretty ridiculous to give him another shot so fast. He clowns and loses badly. Gets an automatic rematch which he loses again. Fights tiny unranked MW Nick Diaz then another title shot already? I mean of course at the rate at which he gets title shots he has a good chance of getting lucky and winning the title eventually.

Its hard to see him win at this point with age and injuries. But lets say he does beat Weidman and take his belt back. Will that move him past Jones again? If so, by how much?

He never lost it. He's 40. Did Ali lose GOAT status when he lost to Holmes?

He doesnt have to reclaim anything at this point

Yes. If he beats Nick Diaz and then goes on to fight the champ (currently Weidman) then in my opinion he shows the losses were indeed flukes.

Its too early in the life of the sport to really talk about a goat, its kind of ridiculous actually. With said, Silva is no goat. The way Wiedman put a hurting on him for 4 rounds, Silva didn't have any answers for him, that's not goat. And I know there is no way to know, but that fights probably plays out the same even if Silva was 5 years youngr (for anyone who wants to argue he was past his prime).

He's already the MW goat. Only way he loses that status is if Weidman or someone else has a better career.

Anderson was a GOAT contender before fighting Weidman and still is. If he wins the title back it is a major plus.

Back