Does Rory Macdonald ever return to the UFC?

He's fighting to quick & easy paychecks at this moment.

The WW tournament is anything but easy this year, he'll have to beat a field that contains Aleksakhin, Cooper and Magomedkerimov.

Beast mode Rory beats the shit out of Usman

Dude looks like he has 89 inches reach here.

And answering the question: no.
Rory had his peek very early I feel like. And went through wars. He isn't going to get better now.

I definatley think he will be back in the ufc to finish out his career within the next 2 to 3 years at some point. Alot of interesting Match ups for him

giphy.gif

I was thinking about this and feel he might eventually come back. He can marketed well as the former UFC WW contender, Bellator champion and is still relatively young at 31. I can see him playing out his contract with PFL and possibly returning for late career title run in the UFC.

nope easier fights in belaltor and pfl so no reason to come back to be in gsp shadow again. gsp is why he left in the first place.

if rory wins a ufc title gsp fans will still say gsp is better than you.

I would be shocked

I doubt it. He got paid more in Bellator specially with sponsors. Now he has that PFL money.

Its crazy washed up Woodley and Maia are still top 8 WWs and Hory beat up purime versions of both

he doesnt have any pfl money yet.

I think he’s the guy to beat Marty.
I think prime Rory would be a terrible matchup for Usman, but the Rory of today I just don't see him having much success. Would likely look like his fight with Fitch but probably worse for Rory.

Rory needs to bounce back hard, I think he made lots of money from Bellator and crypto. He'll be alright.

I doubt it. He's past his prime. You can't just look at age. He has lots of fights and a lot of damage. 30s is also when guys start to decline physically anyway.

nope easier fights in belaltor and pfl so no reason to come back to be in gsp shadow again. gsp is why he left in the first place.

if rory wins a ufc title gsp fans will still say gsp is better than you.
Uh he went to bellator well after gsp had left.

No. He's been slipping and he's probably not going to be around much longer by the sounds of it.

Thought he found Resus and his heart wasn’t in fighting anymore.

I'd like him to come back, hes a good fighter, we need these divisions to become more competitive again outside 2-3 fighters, i think he shouldnt have taken that Mousasi fight though.

he's an old 31 though, cause how long he's been fighting, and some of the wars hes been in.

Rory had an all time great skill set but lacks the mental fortitude to make it at the top.

If he can turn it around anything is possible, I think he’d give Usman fits if he actually turned up to fight.

I was thinking about this and feel he might eventually come back. He can marketed well as the former UFC WW contender, Bellator champion and is still relatively young at 31. I can see him playing out his contract with PFL and possibly returning for late career title run in the UFC.

Naw...i believe his purpose now is to win the PFL title and carry the banner for them...help them grow..they need marque guys to push there brand out more...i personally love the sport first approach PFL takes to MMA and hope it explodes as a north american counter part to the UFC...i personally as a martial artist myself would have a hard time choosing between the two as is..but if PFL keeps growing itll be even harder to choose as athlete were to go...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back