Does Ronda's vs Nunes's pay bother you?

I have two problems with it. I know they have to pay back money, but the 4 billion price tag shows that they should be paying more than 3 million to someone who is considered one of the biggest stars ever..even if it's just the starting point base pay and she is getting ppv points..which brings me to my second point. Ok, Amanda doesn't put butts in seats, so maybe 200k is justified..but she is finally in the position to get PPV points and she won't get the huge payday she deserves because Rhonda wouldn't do the normal amount of press. She should have jumped Rhonda in the dressing room afterwards WWE style.

Is it fair for Conor to make 3 million base pay while DJ makes 350k?

....Yes? Ronda is a superstar. Amanda Nunes is a new champion on her old contract. I'd say 100k base pay is actually pretty good for someone of her level prior to winning the title. She'll get a nice contract when this one expires.

why should it bother us? Ronda was the name fighter and this was probably Amanda's biggest pay day. She is also getting a % of the PPV buys.

nunes worked out that contract before the fight. now she has more footing for her next contract. she just kicked the shit out of their cash cow.

If Amanda holds onto the belt for a while her pay will improve. Her English is alright, and I think she's pretty likable as far as her personality goes. The lion-mask at the weigh-ins was smart, and obviously beating Ronda into the dirt will help her name recognition. She should do more appearances and play up the lesbian angle imo. If her GF becomes well known it will be interesting to see how that affects Amanda.

That said, I doubt she'll ever make what Ronda does because she'll never be undefeated, a former olympian, or the first female UFC star. She also ins't quite as attractive as Ronda. Those are all factors that play into Ronda's marketability vs Amanda.

Red panties night

Nunes' base pay sucked because she had no leverage to negotiate. She wanted the Ronda fight (and the PPV millions that go with it) so she agreed to whatever was on the table. Like Eddie did at 205.

Ronda's base pay was great because she had all the leverage. She didn't have to fight, and she sure as fuck didn't have to fight Nunes. It took a lot of money and concessions to get her back in the cage for that whoopin'.

Nunes wouldn't be in the UFC without Ronda. So ............

You do understand that Nunes gets POV points, right? She probably made $.50 for every PPV sold, which would be an additional $400k on top of the $200k she made. Of course, I'm assuming the PPV got around 800k buys.

And that's a number I just pulled out of nowhere. For all we know, she might've fetched a $1.00 - $1.25 per PPV sold.

It is what it is. Ronda's guarantee was 30x higher ($100k vs $3M). Initial payout is 12x higher ($250k including win bonus and performance bonus vs $3M). When it's all said and done, it's hard to say how much more Ronda will have made relative to Amanda, but they're BOTH getting a PPV bonus, although I would imagine Ronda gets a bigger cut. It's a good night for both of them financially. There could be a day down the road when Amanda is actually making more than Ronda depending on how they play their cards from here on out...

They both signed the contract, right? Nunes's's's's money will increase if she does well.

No. Amanda agreed to fight for $200K. It wasn't contingent upon what Ronda made
They both got paid what they agreed to

Funny how quickly people forget that she was literally the reason why womens MMA was introduced in the UFC. She dominated the division with 6 straight title wins including 3 straight finishes under 1 minute, two of them under 20 seconds lol. She needs better coaching to evolve against the new elite strikers coming up.

Someone with her star power is worth every penny of that 3M which is roughly 62,500 per second she fought.
she should have tried to last a little longer. I would run around for $62,500 a minute

$200k in Brazil is like $3 million in the U.S. in what it can buy.

Honestly though.... does Ronda really bring in anywhere as many buys or interest as Lesnar or Conor?

I don't get it. She couldn't possibly bring in the astronomical numbers those two.do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back