Does Ronda Main Event Over Every Male Champion?

I never understood why the heaviest weightclasses should be last?
Was this a rule?

Maybe a stupid example but why should a JDS vs Mir be later than a Lawler vs Condit?

The original thinking was that the bigger fighters were more entertaining but that's changed especially with fights like Robbie/Rory and TJ/Renan.

The original thinking was that the bigger fighters were more entertaining but that's changed especially with fights like Robbie/Rory and TJ/Renan.

Not necessarily more entertaining, but the larger weight classes have always been considered a bigger draw at least.

She exceeded expectations with the Bethe fight. It seemed like Conor was below expectations with the Mendes fight. So Ronda is #1.

Her last fight sold more PPV than Chad-Conor. And she didn't have a stacked card supporting her.

Yeah Conor vs chad, Jose vs Conor IMO beats RRR's numbers, I think RRR has done a lot for herself and ahas built her brand bigger than being in MMA and UFC her reach is much further than these other champions her movies, magazines, social media, and all media she does gives her the opportunity to have a much a larger fan base than everyone else, she goes beyond just fight fans. So half the people tuning in really don't care about mma just Ronda and the numbers reflect that. IMO

She is the biggest star in the UFC, so she should get top billing.:)

She exceeded expectations with the Bethe fight. It seemed like Conor was below expectations with the Mendes fight. So Ronda is #1.

How was he below expectations? Mendes fight short notice and he draws 800k+?

It would be such a dumb business move to headline anyone over Ronda

They aren't going to put Ronda on a card with another draw. That would be a complete waste of ppv buys.

I can't stand her , but she's clearly a better draw and should main event over other champions IMO

Ronda cards usually suck.

There's a lot of idiots who only want to see Ronda fight for 12 seconds.

When any fighter headlines over someone from a heavier weight division you realise the UFC is more about entertainment than it is about sport.

It's like a pee wee football game headlining over the NFL because it has a huge fan base of kids.

Depends on the champ. I think they'd weigh which fight would be more exciting and make that the main fight.

Depends on what "exciting" means. Teej vs Cruz would be quite entertaining. I can't see them main eventing over Ronda vs ______ though. MM vs Cejudo should be entertaining, but not going over Honda. McGOAT vs a realer GOAT, maybe main events over H3, but McGOAT is not as commercialy successful in America like Ronda so I think she main events them. Ruthess vs Diaz II would be the biggest WW fight, but not main eventing Ronda. RDA vs ______ isn't going over Ronda. Weidman isn't maining over Ronda with anybody unless its Silva II. DC and Bones would have LHW's biggest chance of maining over Ronda. And Werdum vs Cain has the biggest HW chance, but I don't think any championship fight would main over a Honda championship fight. At this point in time.

She shouldn't, her fights aren't worthy of it, but I think she would headline over all but Jones and Conor... Maybe Weidman.

Since teh UFC has pretty much given up on higher weight class fighting last, if Ronda is on a card with another Champ, she will probably go last

I think she main events over every champ except for Conor. If Jon Jones ever sobers up and comes back and becomes champ, I think Jones goes on after her

Jones comeback fight if he does will undoubtedly be the main event of that card

Just out of curiosity why don't you think she would headline over Conor? In my view she definitely would

Unlike Conor, Rousey doesn't need a co-main championship fight to do big PPV numbers. She draws upon casuals, and putting a male champion below her would be a waste of business since 90% of the casuals who watch her wouldn't give 2 shits about Chris Weidman or Robbie Lawler or MMA period.

They'll put big names below her but not male champions. That said, if they do decide to have a male champion on the fight, they'd be below her. Chris Weidman with his laughable PPV buys without Anderson will never again headline over Rousey.

This.

Yes, she wouldnt be on same card as McGregor and she's bigger than McGregor.

Ronda is a bigger PPV draw than everyone in UFC so yeah she should main event over anyone.

Back