Does reading Sherdog ever make you feel thankful you’re not a professional fighter?

PrideJitZoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just reading the vile comments on here after James Vick got KO’d makes me feel fortunate I’m not a professional fighter in real life.

I would be scared of getting shooped lol

I'm thankful I didn't get tapped by a 115lb girl

I'm glad I'm not a fighter because of the brain damage. Wouldn't care about Sherdog

Yeah, imagine if everyone constantly brought up an embarrassing moment of your past.

I was once. At a point when sessions cost 50p (or about a quarter to Americans).

no, seeing a fight makes me thankful I'm not a professional fighter.

I'm grateful I'm not a professional fighter, because I wouldn't be able to handle getting ktfo'd by Homer Simpson when millions people are watching.

Being one of the best fighters in the world would be fucking awesome. As long as I don't catch the perma drunk later in life.

Just reading the vile comments on here after James Vick got KO’d makes me feel fortunate I’m not a professional fighter in real life.
Are you a professional fighter in virtual reality?

To be honest, we are like 0.1% of the MMA population. Most people are still watching Ronda Highlights on youtube, and dont have a clue who Vick is anyways. Some people might see a facebook video of him losing, but will forget who he is in a few days anyways.

I think the only super active MMA forums are Shedog, UG, r/MMA.

UG and Sherdog have really lost some popularity and r/MMA has blown up over the past few years.

Got nothing but respect for people who choose to be professional MMA fighters. They sacrifice and risk so much. Takes huge courage.

But I would never pursue it............The chances of ending up in retirement with no money and brain damage are too high.

At best (and unless you are top tier), you end up owning an MMA gym making 90K a year. For some people, thats great. But not me, I need enough money to buy stupid shit, drunk on Amazon

At best (and unless you are top tier), you end up owning an MMA gym making 90K a year.

This. Too many fighters can't retire because they don't know any other way to make money and never saved it anyway.

You're one KO from retiring, better have a nest egg.

Great video Matt Riddle talking about moving onto WWE from Indys

Around 3:30 he talks about MMA vs. Wrestling
"....I would kill myself, pissing blood to make weight, get fight of the night, and fans would still be like "this guy doesn't know how to fight, why is he even there"".

It's pretty sobering imo.

No but reading Sherdog makes me sad to see how many idiot clueless fans there is.Most came in when UFC made Conor popular.

Yeah they can shoop you but they'll never be you. Who cares if internet retards shoop you or shit on you behind the monitor.

You know your value.

I would rather support every fighter. Gays on internet are softy pussies that got played by trash talk.

Wow, can't imagine how horrific it must be when anonymous accounts on internet forums talk shit about you

One of the greatest horrors in life really

Back