Does Pickett earn a Flyweight title shot if he beats McCall?

MacPherson911

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If Brad Picket gets the win over Ian McCall on the Ireland card, has he done enough to earn a shot at Mighty Mouse?

If not, who gets the next shot at the Flyweight crown?

he could, unless Dodson gets a rematch

at the very least he becomes a contender and wouldnt need more that 1 more

No. Seely arguably won that last fight.

I'd say so purely because it's the most marketable fight. Pickett is pretty popular and has more name value than most of the division and it gives DJ the chance to avenge one of his only losses. The first fight was awesome as well.

Hard to believe that Pickett essentially won through outwrestling Mighty Mouse. I could see this time around being the total opposite.

The only other two close to a shot are Dodson and Makovsky. Dodson already had a shot and Makovsky ideally needs more main card exposure before a title fight. Both would be fair challengers, though.

If he were to finish Uncle Creppy devastatingly then I say he would definitely deserve it, especially since he already has a win over MM. But if either guy doesn't make a big statement, then Dodson is probably next in line.

If he does it will be because he has a win over Mighty Mouse. But Dodson will more then likely get the next shot after he beats Moraga.

It's a very easy fight to sell, they'd build the hype off Pickett beating Johnson previously. I'd love to see it, but the big difference is Johnson has grown enormously as a fighter and Pickett hasn't evolved as much.

Either way, it is an easy fight to market and it'll probably happen simply because Pickett is a decently known fighter and he would make the fight fan friendly and it'd be a great fight for the FW's.

If Johnson defends the belt a couple more times, I'd really like to see a super-fight between Johnson and TJ or Barao, whoever has the belt then. I think Johnson could beat TJ.

No, his biggest weapon is being able to take damage lately, and I could almost argue he lost his last fight. His last fight was a new comer there is no way he deserves a title shot unless this sport has gone completely Pro Wrestling.

I'm thinking if Moraga beats Dodson which I don't think he will then the winner of McCall/Pickett is next.

I'd say so purely because it's the most marketable fight. Pickett is pretty popular and has more name value than most of the division and it gives DJ the chance to avenge one of his only losses. The first fight was awesome as well.

Hard to believe that Pickett essentially won through outwrestling Mighty Mouse. I could see this time around being the total opposite.

The only other two close to a shot are Dodson and Makovsky. Dodson already had a shot and Makovsky ideally needs more main card exposure before a title fight. Both would be fair challengers, though.

Would like for DJ vs JD 2 and Makovsky/Formiga vs Pickett/McCall #1 contender Bout

Back