Does PBC have a publicly stated plan how they can become profitable?

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
Is there a timetable?.....Are they taking more investors?

Please, only serious responses.

I believe this question needs to be addressed to Al Haymon, I mean, I doubt the general boxing community is aware of the intricacies of his business plans.

I believe this question needs to be addressed to Al Haymon, I mean, I doubt the general boxing community is aware of the intricacies of his business plans.

That is why the thread is titled: Does PBC have a publicly stated plan how they can become profitable?

Many companies post a business plan and projections as they seek more investors...don't need to talk to Al Haymon to answer this one.

I would be interested. They are essentially looking for TV deals to fund PPV level purses and events. Their results have not been encouraging that they could get that kind of money right now. Main Events was doing similar numbers on NBC out of primetime but did cards that cost 150-250k compared to these multi million PBC events. Their cable events are also very expensive and most of the top cable cards this year were still from HBO, a paid network. They don't seem to be penetrating the casual market anymore than HBO was.

That is why the thread is titled: Does PBC have a publicly stated plan how they can become profitable?

Many companies post a business plan and projections as they seek more investors...don't need to talk to Al Haymon to answer this one.

Your thread title is unfortunately irrelevant, I'd have thought you'd have realized that Haymon is one of the least accessible to media, most private people operating in boxing. And facing consistent scrutiny and/or lawsuits from the giants that are Golden Boy and Top Rank. From the beginning there's been very little publicly stated about his business plans, not sure why there would be now.

So yeah, give PBC a call. If anything were publicly stated a simple Google search would have turned it up.

I would be interested. They are essentially looking for TV deals to fund PPV level purses and events. Their results have not been encouraging that they could get that kind of money right now. Main Events was doing similar numbers on NBC out of primetime but did cards that cost 150-250k compared to these multi million PBC events. Their cable events are also very expensive and most of the top cable cards this year were still from HBO, a paid network. They don't seem to be penetrating the casual market anymore than HBO was.

Just speculation, but it doesn't look like that's what they're doing at all. This doesn't look like a short-term gain venture to do something else. It legitimately looks like they're not expecting to make money in the beginning and even to lose money while building a brand. The Pro Wrestling entity TNA did this, and it's arguably the reason they're still in business. This, IMO, is further demonstrated by the internet releases of their fights with the "Free Boxing 4 All" tagline, whereas TR is very stingy with whether or not they allow something to be up on youtube. People often forget that network TV boxing wasn't all highly competitive match-ups, in the 80's and early-mid 90's it wasn't uncommon to see a whole card of showcase fights with merely one main event that was maybe good, or maybe a showcase. Tuesday Night Fights was built on that format, so was WWOS...every now and again they'd show a very high quality fight on paper, or a title fight (like Badou Jack vs. Dirrell)...but there plenty of shitty fights too. It's just sensationalism to imply that PBC is somehow particularly shitty.

Your thread title is unfortunately irrelevant, I'd have thought you'd have realized that Haymon is one of the least accessible to media, most private people operating in boxing. And facing consistent scrutiny and/or lawsuits from the giants that are Golden Boy and Top Rank. From the beginning there's been very little publicly stated about his business plans, not sure why there would be now.

So yeah, give PBC a call. If anything were publicly stated a simple Google search would have turned it up.

A man can be private while operating a business in the public as Haymon does. He certainly had to pitch his investors originally with a plan and projections and those will include more than one guy behind a desk who operates a fund at Waddel & Reed.

Is there a timetable?.....Are they taking more investors?

Please, only serious responses.

Haymon has his MBA from Harvard, I doubt he needs some online know it all with a coveted BA degree in business from the prestigious University of Phoenix giving him advice on how to run his company. You just hold his pocket when he walks across the prison yard. You sound worse than these fuck boys that act like Floyd Mayweathers financial advisors talking about investments when they don't have 2 nickels to rub together.

A man can be private while operating a business in the public as Haymon does. He certainly had to pitch his investors originally with a plan and projections and those will include more than one guy behind a desk who operates a fund at Waddel & Reed.

You seem to have a lot of info for a guy who needs to ask a message board if there's a public plan.

Haymon has his MBA from Harvard, I doubt he needs some online know it all with a coveted BA degree in business from the prestigious University of Phoenix giving him advice on how to run his company. You just hold his pocket when he walks across the prison yard. You sound worse than these fuck boys that act like Floyd Mayweathers financial advisors talking about investments when they don't have 2 nickels to rub together.

Kind of sensitive here aren't you for just being his waterboy?

The questions about the business of BOXING are valid for a boxing forum.

Haymon is a genius

He's basically bringing boxing back to the mainstream exposure it once had in the 1980s

Back