Does Overeem have the Heart to go the distance like that with Cain?

flakxd

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Many believe Overeem lacks heart/toughness.....say he and his brother quit when the going gets tough.

So would Overeem be able to take a beating like that in the 1st round and keep on going? Would his knees/striking let it ever get that bad in the first place?

Very legit question. Should be an awesome fight. If the fight goes past 2 rounds, Cain's got this.

Who knows?
The only reason Cain didn't finish last night, aside from JDS's chin, is JDS ability to never allow himself to get put in a bad position for too long, his scramble game - even when gassed, is pretty amazing.

I don't know if Overeem has the chin, heart, tank or finesse to avoid getting beat up like Bigfoot did.

No. Overeem has the first round and maybe the second to KO Cain or he has no chance at all.

Hahahahahah nope. No chance in hell.

I'm ready to see Overeems ridiculous hype train derailed.

No he doesn't even he KO's Cain in the first or the second at the very max or he gets ass-spanked for 5 rounds and probably finished in the process.

Overeem can't keep Cain's pace and doesn't have JDS's chin.
In fact no HW can follow Cain's pace.

People were saying that he gassed hard in the Werdum fight but I don't really think he did. Cain's pace would be quite a bit higher than the Werdum fight though. Maybe he would train more cardio. I'm not sure. But to be honest I think that Overeem has the ability to knock Cain out before it even matters.

Nope. It's first round or bust for the big o

it doesn't matter.

Cain is beating everyone in championship rounds(at HW)

Soo it's either

Reem by KO/Sub 1/2 or Cain via TKO 4/5

Cain showed that he can smother an opponent into exhaustion on the fence while continuing to strike and make them work their TD defense at all times, which requires a lot of energy.. I'd like to see the fight as well, but I think Cain would wear Overeem down pretty easily. I'd rather watch Cain vs Fedor.

I agree with most above, he has the KO chance in the first with strikes or knee from the clinch, but he'll definetly fade and quit before the 5th...

Don't know if he has the heart, but he definitely has the skills.

Won't matter if he can last 5 rounds or not if Cain trys those stupid take downs he was against JDS. Uber knee or upper cut and it's over. Cain will have to cover up alot more to mix it up with Reem.

Cain is an awful match up for Overeem.

Overeem wouldn't make it to the fifth round against Cain.

Cain is an awful match up for Overeem.

this, its really his nightmare matchup.
For all his amazing attributes, Overeem has shown a tendancy to gas hard, and a real weakness to GnP attack.

having said that, Overeem via guillotine.

TheWordNO.jpg

Cain would take Overeem's soul

No he doesn't even he KO's Cain in the first or the second at the very max or he gets ass-spanked for 5 rounds and probably finished in the process.

Overeem can't keep Cain's pace and doesn't have JDS's chin.
In fact no HW can follow Cain's pace.

This. Either Reem wipes Cain out quick or he gets finished in the 3rd at the latest.

Mind you, I think he really has a decent chance of overwhelming Cain early, so he's a legit threat. But he lacks the cardio, chin and heart of JDS, so he better do it early.

If he has it he has failed to show it in his MMA career so far. The question is more, does he have the striking and TDD to stop Cain in rd1?

Back