Does Overeem get Velasquez or Dos Santos?

Cain vs. Werdum (if he beats Nog)
Overeem vs. JDS

Dana White said that Werdum with a win over Nog would get the title shot. This makes sense as Werdum would not likely fair well against Cain.

JDS vs. Overeem in a faux grudge match headliner to fight the Cain/Werdum winner. This is the way to build a rematch (JDS) or rebuild a legit challenger (Overeem) against Cain. He gets a winning streak of Big Foot, JDS and Werdum only to take on his nemesis or a new challenge.

Overeem is fighting in Feb, Werdum isn't fighting until June. If they hold up the division for Werdum then that means Cain won't get a fight until September at the earliest. And then what happens if Werdum loses? They wait 6 months for nothing, I doubt they would do Cain/Nog II.

Dana says a lot of things, best not to believe him, especially when he's talking 6-8 months into the future.

Reem/Cain if he beats Big Foot. JDS vs Cormier.

I like this scenario. Hope Joe Silva sees the logic of keeping fresh match-ups like you do. Overeem doesn't deserve a fasttrack to the title given his current, self-inflicted condition anyway so let him have at it with JDS - using the GSP/Diaz match-making policy here:)

Beating Lesnar and Bigfoot is hardly a "fast track" especially when you consider that he just beat the man who you would rather see get a title shot before him.

If Overeem beats Bigfoot in Feb. then he gets a shot at Cain in June/July.

If Werdum beats Nog in June then he gets a shot at Cain/Overeem winner around October/November.

There, barring injuries or upsets the HW title picture is set for 2013.

As for JDS; I'd like to see him fight Cormier but I don't know what Cormier's plans are now that Cain is champ. I guess he could fight Barnett (assuming he comes to the UFC). Or, do I have to state the obvious? Mark Hunt!

Back