Does Overeem get Velasquez or Dos Santos?

Too bad though, I was looking forward to JDS vs Reem...

Don't lose hope. I'm pretty sure the UFC will once again find a way to make the money fight. Boxing vs Kick boxing, natural vs horse-chewer, and i'm not even counting the horrendous tweet by overeem tonight.

Dana White said that Werdum with a win over Nog would get the title shot. This makes sense as Werdum would not likely fair well against Cain.

JDS vs. Overeem in a faux grudge match headliner to fight the Cain/Werdum winner. This is the way to build a rematch (JDS) or rebuild a legit challenger (Overeem) against Cain. He gets a winning streak of Big Foot, JDS and Werdum only to take on his nemesis or a new challenge.

cain should fight werdum and overeem should fight dos santos.

cain should fight werdum and overeem should fight dos santos.

That'd be nice, but Overeem/Cain will sell better than Cain/Werdum, and then if Overeem wins Overeem/JDS for the belt will sell better than if there was no belt.

That'd be nice, but Overeem/Cain will sell better than Cain/Werdum, and then if Overeem wins Overeem/JDS for the belt will sell better than if there was no belt.

Yes but once Overeem gets beaten by Cain, the JDS Overeem fight won't sell as well as it would if it happens right away.

I say Werdum beats Nog, Overeem beats Big Foot, Overeem gets Dos Santos, Cain gets Werdum, then Cain vs the winner. Barring weird shit like horsemeat, Cormier going Rashad on Cain and injuries ofc.

Give him to Dos Santos -- make sure there is random blood testing and we'll see how well Overeem does without the horsemeat.

Yes but once Overeem gets beaten by Cain, the JDS Overeem fight won't sell as well as it would if it happens right away.

I say Werdum beats Nog, Overeem beats Big Foot, Overeem gets Dos Santos, Cain gets Werdum, then Cain vs the winner. Barring weird shit like horsemeat, Cormier going Rashad on Cain and injuries ofc.

They already lost their chance at the big payday of Overeem/JDS, the only way that can come back is if Overeem beats Cain. I think they will take their chances with that. At the very least they get a title fight out of Overeem before his winning streak ends.

Overeem kills bigfoot, then kills Cain, then kills Dos Santos. Prepare to have a cry if you're hoping for anything else.

hi-res-5846524_crop_exact.jpg

They already lost their chance at the big payday of Overeem/JDS, the only way that can come back is if Overeem beats Cain. I think they will take their chances with that. At the very least they get a title fight out of Overeem before his winning streak ends.

Oh and I didn't see Werdum only fights in June. Guess Cain and Overeem will meet around then.

Oh and I didn't see Werdum only fights in June. Guess Cain and Overeem will meet around then.

That too, they don't have another worthy contender for Cain at the moment. And they won't scrap Werdum/Nog because of TUF.

Dana White said that Werdum with a win over Nog would get the title shot. This makes sense as Werdum would not likely fair well against Cain.

JDS vs. Overeem in a faux grudge match headliner to fight the Cain/Werdum winner. This is the way to build a rematch (JDS) or rebuild a legit challenger (Overeem) against Cain. He gets a winning streak of Big Foot, JDS and Werdum only to take on his nemesis or a new challenge.

I like this scenario. Hope Joe Silva sees the logic of keeping fresh match-ups like you do. Overeem doesn't deserve a fasttrack to the title given his current, self-inflicted condition anyway so let him have at it with JDS - using the GSP/Diaz match-making policy here:)

Back