Does overactive adrenaline= bad cardio?

ThEiCeMaN6791

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For some reason, no matter what I do, I can never have adequate endurance.

Mid Soccer season: Running A LOT every day. Still did nothing for my endurance.

Mid Swim season: Swimming 6,000 yards every day. Still nothing.

Mid Rugby season: Running A LOT every day and also lifting. Still nothing.

I'm VERY fast and VERY strong for being 170 lbs. but I can't maintain it for long.

Is the fact that I have overactive adrenaline that dumps all at once the reason that I burn out so fast?

Note: I'm also Anemic.

Don't you think it might have more to do with you being Anemic, being that Iron is vital for the blood to transport oxygen? Have you seen a doctor about being Anemic? Are you eating more steak?

I have a similar problem with endurance - it seems no matter how hard I work I never quite get to the next level. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I study quite hard, and the brain (being very demanding when it comes to energy) simply takes all the carbs from my muscles?

Note: I also only have one lung and smoke a pack a day.

I have a similar problem with endurance - it seems no matter how hard I work I never quite get to the next level. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I study quite hard, and the brain (being very demanding when it comes to energy) simply takes all the carbs from my muscles?

Nicely done.

funny-pictures-cat-scratches-post.jpg

Post of the day.

11.3/10

Ηahaha! :)

EDIT: to the TS. Anemia means bad cardio. You can have great anaerobic systems but your aerobic system will always be sub-par (in which case, if you are looking to compete, you simply need to choose a sport that is not dependent on the aerobic system). As Tosa said, see a doctor about it; depending on the type of anemia you might be able to treat it (if it's a simple iron-deficiency anemia you'll be able to treat it, if it's a hemoglobin deficiency chances are you won't).

Last edited:
Back