Does or has anyone here worked in sales?

Our sales guy is a fat booze bag who talks out of his ass a bit too much for my liking. But he does bring clients over that I then have to explain the technical side of things to and sell them our service as well as additional things they can get after their initial request has been completed. So I guess a small portion of my job is sales.

never worked a sales job, but i run businesses and hire/manage/run sales employees and teams.

i actually think sales isn't a bad vocation to do if you like talking with people. its a skill that you can apply to almost any industry.

There are actually a lot of good that can come from a career in sales.

1. It makes you more confident in your conversational abilities
2. It teaches you the principle of getting paid for results instead of just showing up
3. It teaches you to deal with rejection in a positive and healthy manner
4. Makes you better at picking up chicks believe it or not.
5. You can make a lot of money in bonuses and commissions
6. Everyone hates doing it, so if you're good at it then you're super valuable to the company.

Now MLM or pyramid schemes are not what I'm talking about. I'm talking real sales jobs for grownups. In a real adult sales job you're dealing with smart clients so you can't bullshit them. Honesty and integrity are actually very important in that level of sales, contrary to popular belief.

Most people are too weak to succeed at it though.

Most my life. It sucked the life force out of me, but I'm the kind of guy who hates ripping ppl off for my own benefit. I have too big a conscience. Wish I realized it wasn't for me a lot sooner

"begging"?
I've never begged for business. I've turned down hundreds of deals where a client was trying to penny pinch and they've been begging to come back to me when they realise the better option was spending more with me and getting a seamless well managed service.

Take your minds out of the gutter.

Your OP smacks of you being on a high horse.

Back