does one fc test for PEDs

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by rudel, Aug 13, 2016.

1. rudel

rudel White Belt

Im just curious, because there are definitely some guys that are too musclebound , sorry to say but most of the middle east fighters has the palhares look, but without the skill,and since victor is going for a safer weight cut practice, I wish there is some kind of PED testing

2. JkMMA

JkMMA Brown Belt

The Russian dude that fought with Ben askren on his last fight looked like he was on trt, maybe even steroids.

FutureSergant likes this.
  3. noizer

noizer Red Belt

as far as i know they dont. cant remember one single bust and i remember reading some interviews involving some fighters on their roster who claimed they havent been tested one single time. cant remember who those guys are tho.

4. FootstompShonie

FootstompShonie Silver Belt

No way. It would be really hard to get drug test samples from Cambodia and other more unique locales they hold events to the nearest WADA or similar accredited drug testing lab, or at least cost a lot of money.

5. kenpeters8

kenpeters8 Purple Belt

No they don't. I have friends that fought in that shitty wannabe UFC organization and they said they were never drug tested.

KenkaBancho and K4BOSH like this.
  6. kenpeters8

kenpeters8 Purple Belt

Glad all those Evolve Gym fighters all lost. The chairman of ONE FC, Chatri Sityodtong, is also one of the owners of Evolve. They always favor their own fighters. Biased BS!

K4BOSH likes this.
  7. eseseses681

eseseses681 Purple Belt

It's not really the "Middle-East", it's just the guys from Egyptian Top Team. They have some other Middle-Eastern fighters who're clean (and look the part, if that's what's most important to you), and there're even some guys in Egyptian Top Team who don't have the roided-out physique.
    ONE doesn't test for PEDs, but to be fair to them, east-Asia doesn't have the same moral-aversion to PEDs that western culture does. They don't like 'em necessarily, but they don't have the, "THIS FUCKING CHEATING FUCKING FUCK SHOULD BE FUCKING BANNED FOR LIFE!!! GRAGRAHGRHAGH, I'M SO FUCKING PISSED OFF AT THIS FUCKING FUCK!!!" kind of attitude. So they don't really have much of an impetus to drug test-- drug testing's all a publicity thing anyways. Do you actually think Dana White would give a crap about the fighters using PEDs if the American public didn't care? That he'd act like good guy Dana and shell out tens of thousands of dollars an event on drug testing if the public didn't care as much as they do? Of course he wouldn't, and almost no other high-level promoters would. "Look, the public doesn't care, it costs a lot of money, it takes a lot of effort, it can hurt us in the end, it's all a murky moral issue anyways, I don't really care about it enough to wanna go through all this. I really don't wanna go out of our way to do this."

The Philippine Boxing commission-- who does the drug testing for shootfighting in the Philippines-- also doesn't test for steroids. They test for meth and I think for cocaine and marijuana, but they don't test for steroids. Other parts of Southeast-Asia-- Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia, maybe Singapore-- are similar in this sense, as is China maybe. So if the regions don't test for something and they're the ones who'e in charge of testing... who're they to complain?
    I've also found the "eye test" to be a very bad way to assume a fighter's on a substance. A lot of the time there's something to it-- the Egyptian Top Team guys, and cases like Bob Sapp or Palhares and Lombard-- but a lot of the time you just have a guy who's athletic and, fortunately for them, has a good physique, and they diet very attentively and take extra effort in circuit training to maintain it. The difference between 6% bodyfat and 10% bodyfat can make people think you're on steroids going by the eye test, even when you're completely clean.

They didn't favor Angela Lee by giving her one of the top womens fighters in the world in her last fight, or Aoki when they gave him Shalorus or Ando (both of whom a lot of people thought Aoki would be incapable of taking down and, therefore, beating.) The fact that they gave Christian Lee a fighter who was a BRACE champion and who ended up beating him shows that they weren't protecting him.
    There's a difference between building a young fighter up and protecting them, and people act like ONE exclusively does the latter when almost all of their examples to support that claim are of the former.

K4BOSH and Which Doctor like this.
  8. kenpeters8

kenpeters8 Purple Belt

Victor Cui, is that you? Or should I said, is that you, Chatri Sityodtong?! LOL!

Angela Lee mostly fought scrubs. Christian Lee fought scrubs too before he got his ass handed to him by Martin Nguyen. Screw ONE FC and screw Evolve Gym. ONE FC will fail sooner or later.

KenkaBancho likes this.
  9. LiveFreeorDie

LiveFreeorDie Gun Belt

TRT is synthetic testosterone, just given a smaller dose. It is a steroid.

In case you didn't know, otherwise you just trolled me.

10. JkMMA

JkMMA Brown Belt

I actually didn't no :)

11. JkMMA

JkMMA Brown Belt

Name?

12. LiveFreeorDie

LiveFreeorDie Gun Belt

Not testing for PEDS means who is better at using PEDS. Testing for PEDS means who is better at eluding the test.

13. LimitlessZane

LimitlessZane Green Belt

Yeah basically, they are the same as the UFC with no drug testing (pre-usada). Which is only been 1 year ago. So basically, UFC pre-2015 where "everyone is on steroids", to quote a certain stockon native.

14. kenpeters8

kenpeters8 Purple Belt

Don't worry about it. I'm not going to out my buddies.

KenkaBancho likes this.
  15. kenpeters8

kenpeters8 Purple Belt

Besides, everyone knows ONE FC doesn't drug test their fighters. So why are you even worrying about names? LOL!

16. JkMMA

JkMMA Brown Belt

Bela shetty, and
    Susovan Ghosh?

17. qw3rty

qw3rty R.I.P @FrankieNYC

Ngalan and Pang
    looked huge yesterday

18. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Red Belt

Hasn't Askren stated that he and his opponents have not been tested while at One FC?

19. KenkaBancho

KenkaBancho Blue Belt

To be fair, I don't think Angela would be facing half as much criticism if she wasn't marketed as God's gift to WMMA. She isn't even half as good as Megumi Fujii ever was. Oh wait but we have to avert our eyes from JMMA records and history...

She and her brother are very, very young fighters. Some of the guys in TUF have more fights and better records than the two of them combined. Stop marketing them like they are superstars and maybe people would stop comparing them to the said superstars.

You really can't deny that Aoki hasn't been scrub fighting and getting an easy pay cheque from Evolve. This is a widely accepted fact.

20. savemgs

savemgs Black Belt

[​IMG]