Does Nunes have the skill set to adapt Holly's gameplan

If she does then hope she has the discipline to stick to the same strategy. I can see her tying up early with Ronda to prove a point, getting thrown and arm barred and then wanting a do over.

No, she's just an agressive fighter, a perfect matchup for Ronda, I mean, you can beat Ronda by being an agressive fighter but you need to have Cyborg agressiveness-power and you only can get it by roiding up and weighting 20lbs more

She doesn't need to, but she probably should.

Does Ronda have the mentality to win?

Or will PTSD kick in after the first hard shot...

No, she's just an agressive fighter, a perfect matchup for Ronda, I mean, you can beat Ronda by being an agressive fighter but you need to have Cyborg agressiveness-power and you only can get it by roiding up and weighting 20lbs heavier
I was thinking that, but watching her foot work against Sarah, I was impressed.

Let her bang brah.

Nope. I think holly would ko nunes too.

All she has to do is keep the fight standing. That is her challenge.

Do that, and methodically pick Rousey apart after that. There is no way that Edmunds has cleaned up her striking from her last fight. He only seems to have his fighters getting worse and worse. I have no faith that Edmunds has Ronda sharper as a striker. Nunes just has to keep the fight there, and win with technical striking as Ronda slowly crumbles.

If Ronda gets her down on her back though, she is in a world of shit.

I honestly think Rhonda will take this in the first. Nunes got lucky against tate who was not well prepared (overweight).

She hits harder and has markedly better grappling. She should be able to avoid the clinch easily enough, and if Ronda can grab her without getting stung on the way in, nunes should be able to nullify ronda's judo.

I honestly think Rhonda will take this in the first. Nunes got lucky against tate who was not well prepared (overweight).

Tate has crappy boxing, she got into a boxing match and got knocked out

tate has never faced anybody with the hand speed or power of nunes

Does Ronda have the mentality to win?

Or will PTSD kick in after the first hard shot...

It already did if you saw the stare off at UFC 205 or 206. I can't remember which, but Ronda was standing there while they were advertising the fight, and then she just bolted out of there. They had to make up some lie about how Ronda was confused and thought she was supposed to leave at that point, but it was way to obvious. They don't ever do that, and I've never seen any other fighter do that the way that she did. It was awkward, and you could tell that just being there in front of Nunes and all those people was creating pressure on her eternally, and she was getting emotional. She had to run out. That was a sign already, and she didn't even have to get hit.

if nunes is dumb enough to bum rush ronda she deserves what she gets

shes gotta be patient cause ronda will come at her, shes had a year of frustration built up

No...her footwork and jab are not even in the same universe as Holly's. Doesn't mean she can't destroy Ronda.

She's a much better striker and very powerful

But if her ground game is not better. Probably loses..

Tate has crappy boxing, she got into a boxing match and got knocked out

tate has never faced anybody with the hand speed or power of nunes
Nope. Tate's striking is ok. Nunes got beat by zingano and three other no names. Nunes is a good striker but its over once ronda gets her hands on her imo.

Holly's footwork and movement are much better than Nunes, but Nunes still has decent movement and in my opinion has much more snap and power on her punches than Holly does. I'm sure Nunes has studied Holly's fight with Ronda to add as much of that strategy to her game plan. On the other side of things, has Ronda improved, declined or stayed the same? Normally, I would say that she is always improving, but how she has handled her loss hasn't been normal so we don't know if she's gotten a little better or maybe even worse. I'm sure that Ronda has done her homework though and tried to come up with a game plan for a striker with movement. Ronda always gets hit a lot and once she gets hit hard by Nunes, we'll get some answers.

Nunes doesn't have the cardio to fight like Holly.

Nunes always fight like Lineker, the thing is Ronda would benefit with that. She needs to keep the fight in the feet,she has more power than Ronda and for what we know,that's is her only strenght against Ronda.

Back