Does Nunes have the same punching style as Holloway?

Holloway is smoother.

Nunes, in comparision of most WMMA, is hitting way harder.

Lol at anyone thinking she has more power than Holloway
Comparatively, she does.

Do you people have that much difficulty in separating women from men?

If Max hit his opponents as hard as Amanda hits hers. I think the difference would be obvious. This isn’t a man vs women thing. It’s a comparison against each their own.

No need to get uppity.

max is not a power puncher. wouldn’t matter if he was fighting high schoolers. he’s not a puncher. amanda is. it’s a mechanical thing. she puts her body weight behind her punches and max doesn’t. amanda would knock a lot of 145 pound dudes out if she doesn’t get overpowered in the grappling and lands punches clean.

{<doc}

Never thought I'd see someone say Nunes hits harder than Max Holloway, but here we are.

I’ll be the outsider and actually answer the question instead of acting like a smart ass.

Yes, judging by the gifs at least, they have a somewhat similar style. They both seem to use high volume and also really extend their punches to their full reach. They also both throw plenty of straight punches, while also mixing it up.

Let’s see them fight and see who panic wrestles first.

It will look like GDR vs Nunes 2 but I don’t know who will win

Wmma has less headmooment
mM2zBX1.jpg

Lol, it is funny to think that Amanda Nunes might possibly be a harder hitter than Holloway.
Reading comprehension, Sherbros. I know we don't need to show proof of a high school education to post here, but let's at least pretend like we passed third grade.

TS, just want to say great fucking thread!
This is what I come to Sherdog for!

I really would like to see her lose Saturday. I am so tired of seeing her stupid face with two belts. I can't stand pena but I'm really tired of the LIONESS
maxresdefault.jpg

<36>

max is not a power puncher. wouldn’t matter if he was fighting high schoolers. he’s not a puncher. amanda is. it’s a mechanical thing. she puts her body weight behind her punches and max doesn’t. amanda would knock a lot of 145 pound dudes out if she doesn’t get overpowered in the grappling and lands punches clean.
Amanda nunes beats 0 , ZERO men at 145 across any professional fighting organization.

nunes also loses to most males who weigh above 190, and have ever wrestled , boxed or are currently playing collegiate sports.

Amanda hits women for a living.

Contrary to popular current belief, hitting a woman and hitting a guy are not the same thing

Dude, it's not a popular current belief if everyone's calling it a popular current belief but making fun of it at the same time.

Max would KO every one of Amanda's opponents in the first round easy. He would look like prime George Foreman power going against Amanda's opponents

Blessed is more snappy while Amanda throws more from the hips. They are similar however in the fact that both catch people at the end of very long punches.

I would say Amanda loads up more. She is also blessed with long reach. Max's striking is always a bit funky to me but it is very effective. It's a bit overrated? Correct me if I am wrong. I remember him getting hit a few times while proclaiming he is the best boxer while trying to slip punches.

I would say Amanda loads up more. She is also blessed with long reach. Max's striking is always a bit funky to me but it is very effective. It's a bit overrated? Correct me if I am wrong. I remember him getting hit a few times while proclaiming he is the best boxer while trying to slip punches.
Poirier would certainly disagree. As well as Petr Yan, who is in my opinion the best boxer in the UFC.

Not even close. They throw some of the same punches. But that's quite normal. But Nunes sits down on hers and throws to kill every shot.

I shouldn't have to say this.

Back