Does Nunes have the same punching style as Holloway?

Fossor

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

tumblr_pjjd7e3AzC1r7vh24o1_540.gifv

max-holloway-mma.gif

50d1f16168a464e95d693198c372a12b4da0cc30.gif

main-qimg-7a708e4585813409bf799391bdf01db4

EWo23tVXsAE-sj1.jpg

I see the similarities, for sure. I'd argue (strongly) that she has more power.

Lmao

Yeah, because the level of WMMA is mostly poor compared to MMA, and doesn't require as much skill to win and finish fights in WMMA. Look at Nunes' awful striking technique against literally all of her opponents. She can get away with swinging wildly because her opponents are even worse than her and don't know how to deal with it lmao - it is comical.

Also, let's see Nunes fight anyone near the level of Aldo

It's not about being insecure. Amanda would beat the shit out of me. But to say she hits harder than Max is insane. Can you imagine how hard it would look like Max hit if he fought females?
max is not a power puncher. wouldn’t matter if he was fighting high schoolers. he’s not a puncher. amanda is. it’s a mechanical thing. she puts her body weight behind her punches and max doesn’t. amanda would knock a lot of 145 pound dudes out if she doesn’t get overpowered in the grappling and lands punches clean.

Lmao

Yeah, because the level of WMMA is mostly poor compared to MMA, and doesn't require as much skill to win and finish fights in WMMA. Look at Nunes' awful striking technique against literally all of her opponents. She can get away with swinging wildly because her opponents are even worse than her and don't know how to deal with it lmao - it is comical.

Also, let's see Nunes fight anyone near the level of Aldo
Did anyone said she can be a 135 men champion? Or denied that wmma sucks?
<{vega}>

But if you don't see that they both:
1. staying on the outside
2. having wide stance that allows them to defend and counter
3. leaning forward while being heavy on the front left leg during the attack
4. throwing combinations
Then you are blind.

Back