Does Nick Quitting Tarnish The Diaz Bros Image ?

5 yrs away from the game, 38 yrs old. Coming back was just a mistake,
Nick is still a tough SOB imo.
1235527965.0.jpg

His career isn't a myth. I like Nick and he's had a great career. But his hardcore fans propped him up as this unstoppable badass who only lost fights because of wrestling, time limits, and because his opponents ran from him. That's what I'm challenging here.

I don't ever again want to see a Nick Diaz fan shit on another fighter for quitting on the stool or taking the easy way out. Because when it comes down to it, you and I both know that if Nick were in the position that Aljo was in last March, he would have taken the easy way out to become a champion and you would have cheered it on.

The fuck are you even talking about? Sterling? If you want to talk about him there's many threads for that.

Again, you're a donkey trying to use his fight in 2021 to create revisionist history. It's as simple as that.

Straw man
You don't think Nick was very tough vs Gomi? Daley?
Nate getting kicked in the face by Masvidal and kept fighting: that's not tough?
I dislike the Diaz bros, but your thread is a big pile of shit.

Last edited:
The fuck are you even talking about? Sterling? If you want to talk about him there's many threads for that.

Again, you're a donkey trying to use his fight in 2021 to create revisionist history. It's as simple as that.

Lets hear an argument for why Nick Diaz didn't quit. I'll wait.

Lets hear an argument for why Nick Diaz didn't quit. I'll wait.

Let's hear an argument for why what happened in 2021 after 6 years off and clearly not in fight shape applies to his entire career.

I'll wait.

When Nick Diaz was in his prime he was a cardio beast and warrior. He won championships because he was able to take it and give it.

Nick hasn't fought since 1/31/2015 when you round it off thats 7 years of inactivity. He was scheduled for a WW fight he couldn't even make that weight so the fight had to be a MW. He came into the Lawler fight out of shape and little cardio. He most likely didn't even train hard for this fight and was looking for a payday which he got.

When you look at both brothers Nick was the better fighter he was a multiple champion whereas Nate never won a championship and has lived off of Nick's coat tails. Both brothers are washed up. Nate will never win a championship and Nick is long past his prime. Nate won more money due to his fights with Conor and thats about it. Nate has always been a punching bag he has never learned how to check kicks and blocks punches with his face while Nick has been very good defensively throughout his career but was missing in action against Lawler.

Is the myth about Evander Holyfield being a great boxer over with?

Diaz tried to cheat (he obviously didn't even try to make 170 and had a clear size advantage) and then gave up.

I enjoy having you searching my posts.

<36>

I hate to break it to you though my little donkey, when Nick entered the cage and started actually fighting he clearly wasn't in fight shape. A random video posted beforehand provides little information.

Once again, answer my question instead of avoiding it.

When Nick Diaz was in his prime he was a cardio beast and warrior. He won championships because he was able to take it and give it.

Nick hasn't fought since 1/31/2015 when you round it off thats 7 years of inactivity. He was scheduled for a WW fight he couldn't even make that weight so the fight had to be a MW. He came into the Lawler fight out of shape and little cardio. He most likely didn't even train hard for this fight and was looking for a payday which he got.

When you look at both brothers Nick was the better fighter he was a multiple champion whereas Nate never won a championship and has lived off of Nick's coat tails. Both brothers are washed up. Nate will never win a championship and Nick is long past his prime. Nate won more money due to his fights with Conor and thats about it. Nate has always been a punching bag he has never learned how to check kicks and blocks punches with his face while Nick has been very good defensively throughout his career but was missing in action against Lawler.

Nate fought consistently better competition and beat multiple UFC champions, including Conor who held the FW title at the time. He's the superior Diaz brother. Also he never quit a fight.

Nick is too old and rich. Hes not a young scrappy guy from the hood anymore. No hunger.

Sadly, it does. For the newer generation of fight fans, many never saw Nick compete. He was "Nate's older brother" and rightfully built up as a legend. With Nate taking the spotlight and bringing new fans into the Diaz cult, there were high expectations for Nick. Not only did he look bad athletically, he lacked the characteristic toughness that the Diaz brand is built upon. Hard to watch.

The Diaz bros do not play by the same rules.
They can quit standing, "oh it's because he was gassed".
They can get beaten for 5 rounds, "oh but he landed one punch in the fifth so he won",
etc.

Even their fanbase are being divas about them.
There really has to be a study done on the resiliency of the Diaz boys' branding. All they do is lose, and lose terribly, but their brand never takes a hit can you imagine another brand that could fail 90% of the time and still make their fans happy? Diaz boys are like the McDonald's ice cream machines of the fight game: everyone knows it will be broken and not that good if we get it, but we still come back for more.

Last edited:
People on this forum need to grow up lol.

He got seriously hurt in there and didnt want to take anymre damage. The guy is almost 40. Talking about image and reputation is ridiculous and immature. The guy could have had his life altered for the worse if he continued.

You people need to realize that theyre putting their health on the line for entertainment and $. No money is worth continuing that fight for Nick Diaz and your entertainment means zero at that point.

Half of the people on this forum have literally never thrown a punch and youre talking about their image lol.

Absurd.

Dude, these are cage fighters. And the reason folks tune into the Diaz brothers is because of their authenticity & toughness. If you aren't equipped for the rigors of getting punched in the nose, stay retired. Nick has survived more harrowing situations but he just doesn't have the fight in him anymore. It's one thing to have a physical decline, but to forego the mental edge that made you a legend & fan favorite is something else entirely.

You don't think Nate was very tough vs Gomi? Daley?
Nick getting kicked in the face and still fighting: that's not tough?
I dislike the Diaz bros, but your thread is a big pile of shit.

You can't even get their names right.

Dude, these are cage fighters. And the reason folks tune into the Diaz brothers is because of their authenticity & toughness. If you aren't equipped for the rigors of getting punched in the nose, stay retired. Nick has survived more harrowing situations but he just doesn't have the fight in him anymore. It's one thing to have a physical decline, but to forego the mental edge that made you a legend & fan favorite is something else entirely.

Maybe it's also maturity. Maybe he's wise enough to realize taking a beating to show toughness isn't worth it in the long run.

I've seen the same thing happen to wannabe gangsters over time. I bet the dude who shot 2Pac would regret it today if he were still alive.

Back